The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me being me, I'm pushing the envelope on moving the R8 eastward so that I might actually have enough time to pick it up. If you followed The Big Ask Part 1, you know that the guitar is currently residing with @Tim Plains in Waterdown. The guitar could move closer as Tim mentioned that M-F he works somewhere near the 401 & Keele. I'm restricted to weekend-only travel so, unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to act on.

So, since I've invited everyone here to get all up in my business on this anyway, I figure I have little to lose by asking if anyone else wants to be involved with this bizarre scheme. FWIW, our own @faracaster could get it to within an hour or so of me this weekend if he had it by Friday. The "missing link" is of course Waterdown (or 401/Keele) to Pete.

Takers? Adventure seekers? Too much, too soon? First World problem so TFB for me? :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I can do it during work days (day and evening as well) (or weekend). As long as you tell me from where to where.
And I am very close to 401/keele so that would be quite easy

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll be in Toronto on Saturday...I can bring it back for you...if that is an option
let me know buddy
I can do it during work days (day and evening as well) (or weekend). As long as you tell me from where to where.
And I am very close to 401/keele so that would be quite easy

Wow. Thanks guys! I need to run the proposed next leg of the journey past Tim as he'd be involved (and frankly has done far more than expected already at this point IMO). Stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
If you can get it to Belleville , I can take it to Napanee and my son could take it from Napanee to Kingston .and my cousin can get it from Kingston to Gananoque ...let’s get this in The Guinness World Records, for the most people to handle a guitar in a 346 km transit.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If you can get it to Belleville , I can take it to Napanee and my son could take it from Napanee to Kingston .and my cousin can get it from Kingston to Gananoque ...let’s get this in The Guinness World Records, for the most people to handle a guitar in a 346 km transit.

I heard your cousin's a bit sketchy so I'm gonna pass on the offer thanks. ;)

And, unlike the commercial carriers, at least they'd all be loving hands in this case :) Yeah, it's become almost comical at this point but I enjoy a good challenge. If anyone's interested, I'll be sure to record the instrument's journey. Which reminds me: Tim was first to provide "proof of life" :D

R8orig.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The first leg of the journey going the wrong direction, any chance you work for CanPost @StevieMac ?
Yeah, leaves you wondering if I know what I'm doing here..ha ha! Honestly I'm figuring this out by the seat of my pants but the really remarkable thing, beyond it working well thus far, is this: I can't think of another situation where I could be this trusting of so many people (I've met NONE of the handlers up to this point in person before) without the slightest twinge of worry. There's an argument to be made that I'm too foolish to know any better, and I wouldn't disagree. At heart though, I believe it's truly a testament to the nature of the GC community, which is just inherently trustworthy and genuinely helpful IMO.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Yeah, leaves you wondering if I know what I'm doing here..ha ha! Honestly I'm figuring this out by the seat of my pants but the really remarkable thing, beyond it working well thus far, is this: I can't think of another situation where I could be this trusting of so many people (I've met NONE of the handlers up to this point in person before) without the slightest twinge of worry. There's an argument to be made that I'm too foolish to know any better, and I wouldn't disagree. At heart though, I believe it's truly a testament to the nature of the GC community, which is just inherently trustworthy and genuinely helpful IMO.
It's a great place. I'm glad I found it.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
scratch that...I repotted pickups for you a few years ago...
unless they ended up bad and you wanted to forget!! lol
I didn't forget. :) "None of the handlers to this point" covered you not having touched the guitar YET. I appreciate your willingness to help with the 3rd and final leg!

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
no worries...already made arrangements w/ @bigboki
we'll get'r to this end of the province for ya!

Sounds like I'll have the guitar guitar in hand this weekend...noice! Speaking of bigboki, he took some pics today and I must say...very impressive!

·
Premium Member
17,167 Posts
@bigboki is one of the most helpful folks I've had the good fortune to meet on these forums. And given how helpful we are is, that is saying something.

I hope this guitar sticks around for a while!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts