The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the best meals I've ever had was in Ireland approx 20 years ago

home cooked lamb, potatoes, and some great mint sauce

got back to Canada and all the mint sauce I could find was either sweet jam-like Jelly, or that watery vinegar stuff

there was no comparison....

well, last week an Irish friend gave me a jar of this.....it's the best IMO

thick, luscious; lots of mint leaves and it stays chunky: you don't end up with vinegar running all over the plate. it is just the right balance of acidity, to cut through the lamb fat....and BIG MINT flavour

Not too sweet, either, like the mint jelly is

give it a shot.

I see it on Amazon, and my jar came from the Irish store @Dundas/Winston Churchill in Mississauga

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ordered on Amazon. $8.35 shipped from England. Pretty hard to complain about that!

Sounds like a dream compared to the jelly or the vinegar water as you point out - thanks for the tip!!!

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
Wouldn't have been Sunday supper with my parents without a bottle of that and Lea and Perrins Worcestershire on the table.
Lea and Perrins with meat and potato pie :) I'll be having that at the mother-in-laws on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
9,762 Posts
I cant remember when I last ate lamb...but I suppose I could use it to rub on my balls in the summer to cool off when it gets hot. Ordered.
thanks OP.

Reactions: bolero

·
Premium Member
9,762 Posts
What a waste of good sauce.

Throw a pair of wet gotchies in the freezer for an hour. Wear...repeat.
oops, sorry I meant lamb balls....you know, meat balls made of lamb ;)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm a life long Cross and Blackwell guy, plus you can buy it here.

that has been my mint sauce of choice as well...but only because I didn't know where to buy that Colman's stuff

to be honest, I thought it was home made mint sauce! I had been bugging them to send me the recipe.....only last week did I find out it was store bought!!

Reactions: davetcan

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I was introduced to the combination of mint sauce and lamb when I lived in England.

I can still remember the AMAZING taste.

Enjoy!

You should be able to get that at a few places in KW - the little British store across the hall from the Duke of Wellington pub, the Scottish baker's down in Cambridge, and another British store in downtown Galt.

·
Registered
349 Posts
There will be multiple places in the GTA where you can get it cheaper than the Amazon price.
Yeah, but then I'd have to figure out where they are, and it would probably take me an hour & ten bucks worth of gas to go pick it up and get back home again. And damn, it's cold out there! I don't have much of a problem paying $4 or so for shipping of some speciality item from time to time.

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
That would seem to be the store in Mississauga that the OP mentioned. $30 minimum order for shipping, and you pay shipping on top of that. Great if you're out that way in Mississauga and can pick it up in person. Or if you need it in large quantities:)
I was hoping you were close by :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts