The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Watched another video by these guys and I really like them. I've always enjoyed the 70's vibe of Monster Truck and was hoping to see a revival of that kind of music. Along came Greta van Fleet and my bubble was burst (I'd rather run a cheese grater across my ears) but these guys have restored my hope.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Wow, those guys are great. Fantastic singer, lots of attitude - power, projection and melody-wise totally in the pocket. I hear Zeppelin in their delivery. And then when he does a little solo I think of Tony Iommi.

Very respectful 70s vibe.... a solid band. Blues-rawk glory. Thanks for that, it was a buzz to check out. Makes me want to get an SG again!

Reactions: Dorian2

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have two of their albums.
Windsor Street and Common Bliss.
I guess I should probably listen to them more often.

Reactions: Dorian2

·
Registered
11,682 Posts
I caught them live and they were good, the old school classic rock influences were strong, sometimes it was fun to hear and sometimes not so much.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Didn't realize Ernie Ball had moved production into Canada.
That is news indeed.

FTFYB#(*
I had to look that up because I had never seen it before.
FTFY = fixed that for you

How do you figure?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
As good or better than GVF and MUCH less annoying. I’m digging it. A battle between the two bands would be awesome.

*Bass player looks like a blonde Romulan step-child.

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
Proof once again - tone is in the coily cord.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
*Bass player looks like a blonde Romulan step-child.
Perfect description! :)

Why is the bass player almost always the weirdest looking guy in a band? (I say this as a bass player / wannabe guitar player who is hopefully an exception to this rule)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts