The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK folks....
As you know from another thread in this forum, The Arts Music Store is giving away 2 nice Taylor Electric Guitars.
As you may also have noticed, some folks are pledging to give away their guitars if they win.
A very nice gesture for sure but lets get a little real here.
I entered and if I win the dammed thing, Im keeping it.
I invite like minded entrants to do the same.

Click here and enter and good luck
G.

click to win a Taylor electric guitar

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
oh those Taylors! I have been looking to find walnut one (for the right price) for a long time.
There was one - not the walnut one though at Burlington L&M which I was looking and trying couple of times. Wonderful guitars, I don't understand why they were not successful in the market.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Oops, I didn't even read that. So there is two giveaways? Anyways, its still way to pretty for me. I'll "relic" it with fire.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry...can't open link at work...is it a martin or taylor?
sorry ....my bad....its 2 Taylor guitars that are up for grabs.
G.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
sorry ....my bad....its 2 Taylor guitars that are up for grabs.
G.
it is two taylor ELECTRIC guitars SB-C1 models - the highest of their solid body line of electric guitars. Single cutaway, two mini humbuckers. One is walnut top the other is koa top.
Bolt on neck with Taylor single bolt neck - very interesting solution, and feel wise is as good as any set neck, with the all advantages of bolt ons

·
Premium Member
8,513 Posts
Firstly, if we want to get real... I'm going to assume you would have never known about that giveaway if I didn't post it, since you'd either have to frequent the store or already be on the mailing list (I do both). I know the guys very well over there, so don't feed me baloney and make me check ;)

The thing is that when you enter over on my thread, you still get a chance to win on your own. If you want, you can keep it - I don't really care what you do with it and I do mention that. Karma sorts shit like that out - that's why I'm the luckiest motherfucker on here.

If you click on my link and I win it (and my odds are much greater than yours), then we all get a second chance to win and keep it in the community. (well...you don't:D). Your odds of beating me are probably 50 to 1 at this point. You made a mistake, son.

Also, I'm hoping your link doesn't just benefit you, but I suspect it does, since it's not a link to the website, so this is kinda dirty pool. It's like saying "screw giving it away, so click here and help me win". Have any poor souls agreed to this???

Honestly, good luck,and may the more good man win...^)@#

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love all those bold letters...I'll make sure to read it soon.
G.

Firstly, if we want to get real... I'm going to assume you would have never known about that giveaway if I didn't post it, since you'd either have to frequent the store or already be on the mailing list (I do both). I know the guys very well over there, so don't feed me baloney and make me check ;)

The thing is that when you enter over on my thread, you still get a chance to win on your own. If you want, you can keep it - I don't really care what you do with it and I do mention that. Karma sorts shit like that out - that's why I'm the luckiest motherfucker on here.

If you click on my link and I win it (and my odds are much greater than yours), then we all get a second chance to win and keep it in the community. (well...you don't:D). Your odds of beating me are probably 50 to 1 at this point. You made a mistake, son.

Also, I hoping your link doesn't just benefit you, but I suspect it does, since it's not a link to the website, so this is kinda dirty pool. It's like saying "screw giving it away, so click here and help me win". Have any poor souls agreed to this???

Honestly, good luck,and may the more good man win...^)@#

Reactions: 2manyGuitars

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
If I win it, I won't keep it as the neck is too narrow for me. But I will sell it to finance something else I want.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
what does that link do?

it is not a store website

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would like to thank all those that participated in this contest with me.
Those that did participate ( and you all know who you are), I can tell you, you are in good company.
Wishing everyone all the best of luck and may the rock gods tilt the odds in your favor.
G.

·
Registered
575 Posts
oh those Taylors! I have been looking to find walnut one (for the right price) for a long time.
There was one - not the walnut one though at Burlington L&M which I was looking and trying couple of times. Wonderful guitars, I don't understand why they were not successful in the market.
Whelp, I can't speak for everyone, but the reason I didn't bond with the Classic that I owned (not once, but TWICE) was simply the bloody neck shape... Too wide, too flat, too square shouldered... it felt nice at first - beautifully finished, with gorgeous fretwork - but playing it for any length of time was hand-cramp city... it felt more like an Ibanez Jem neck (though a touch wider, with sharper shoulders) than a Les Paul neck, and I think it was terrible neck carve for the demographic these guitars were designed to appeal to... I don't think I've ever quite hated a well-made and cleanly fretted neck so much...

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I clicked on the link to try to win. If it helped the OP for more referals, I'm all good with that. Good luck in the contest guys. I ain't giving that shit away if I win. I'm too greedy.

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
My Taylor GS Mini Mahogany would like a big brother/sister.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts