The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Thought you might be interested in the results of an informal survey that I conducted dubbed "The Amp Brand Game".

Here's the original article with the survey.

Here's the results.

Cheers!

I

·
0 Posts
That was a cool idea.

I'm with David Love when it comes to Koch -- awesome amps.

·
Registered
Peavey Wolfgang EVH Wolfgang Charvel Style 2
1,487 Posts
Cool survey. I would like to commend you on your topics/questions, layout ( simple and efficient ) and keen use of internet forums.
I only wish I could have seen it in time to place my votes!

If I may suggest a tube survey. I believe this would be a great survey theme.
Make sure to count me in on that one though... LOL

I agree with the Koch statements. I own a Koch Multitone 100 2x12 and it absolutly is awsome!

Khing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. KHINGPYNN, what did you have in mind for the tube survey? Sounds interesting!

·
Registered
Peavey Wolfgang EVH Wolfgang Charvel Style 2
1,487 Posts
There are so many tube variables it might be interesting to see what ppl like in terms of tube performance and tone from a make and model perspective and even a circuit perspective...

Here are some ideas... tube or solid state rectification, fave power amp tube types ie; EL34, 6L6, EL84, 6V6 etc..., fave power amp tube manufacturer, is N.O.S really better?, fave preamp tube type ie 12AX7, 12AT7, 12AU7 and so forth, fave preamp tube manufacturer, fave tube circuit ie; class A, class B, class A/B, how often do you change tubes, do you bias after every change, do you do your own biasing and if so what do you use, do you experiment with different tube types in both power amp and preamp tubes, what are the pros of tube, what are the cons of tubes, is SS amplifcation better or worse, is digital better or worse, will digital ever replace the tube?

There are many many questions to raise and likely some very interesting results!

Khing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts