The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent a note to TC Electronics yesterday, inquiring about the technical asp[ects of the MASH switch ion some of their newer pedals.

This morning, I get a note from none other than head honcho Tore himself, providing the answers to my questions and inviting any other tech questions I may have.

How cool is that?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I'm gonna guess that he knew who you were?

I sent SEVERAL inquiries about a DITTO looper I bought a couple of years ago, and was completely ignored.

·
Premium Member
26,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna guess that he knew who you were?

I sent SEVERAL inquiries about a DITTO looper I bought a couple of years ago, and was completely ignored.
I doubt it. I did, however, indicate that I was preparing a feature for Premier Guitar magazine,and wanted to verify some stuff to include in the article. I imagine that's what got my note forwarded to him.

On the other hand, about 4 or 5 years back, a buddy went to one of those rock and roll fantasy camps, hosted by one of his idols Adrian Belew. As part of the camp, Analog Mike Piera gave a short workshop on pedals. After the workshop, my buddy saunters over to chat with the Analogman himself, and innocently says "I think you might know a buddy of mine, Mark Hammer". Mike says in surprise "You mean THE Mark Hammer? You KNOW him?", as if my buddy lived next door to Slash, or Benedict Cumberbatch, or something. So, you never know. Some of the boutique guys who started out at the stompbox forum know me, but I doubt I'm anywhere on the radar of the radar of any of the big label manufacturers. If, when my buddy and I are down at Summer NAMM this year, Mike Matthews takes the cigar out of his mouth, flicks the ashes, and says "So you're Hammer, eh?", I might change my mind.;)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I did, however, indicate that I was preparing a feature for Premier Guitar magazine,and wanted to verify some stuff to include in the article.
It never occurred to me to make up a crazy story like that, LOL.

Maybe I'll try that next time I need support.

·
Premium Member
26,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Um, not made up. I'm trying to finish it up this week and send it off to them. I really WAS trying to pin down some technical details before sending.

Editor Shawn Hammond indicated interest in the piece, but we'll have to hash out length, tone, etc. before it sees the light of day.

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Um, not made up. I'm trying to finish it up this week and send it off to them. I really WAS trying to pin down some technical details before sending.

Editor Shawn Hammond indicated interest in the piece, but we'll have to hash out length, tone, etc. before it sees the light of day.
I feel like you should have your own forum subsection for cool shit.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
If, when my buddy and I are down at Summer NAMM this year, Mike Matthews takes the cigar out of his mouth, flicks the ashes, and says "So you're Hammer, eh?", I might change my mind.;)
I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Matthews knew your name. However, I would be surprised if he said " eh ":)

Reactions: High/Deaf and jdto
1 - 11 of 11 Posts