The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I haven't tidied up the underside, and it took some messing with the power cables to get everything running - but it is done! Dave kindly built me some pedalboard cable out of some bulk Mogami I picked up on Kijiji. I have a lot left over, so I have a funny feeling someone in the band will be buying jacks to do the same.

It feels good knowing the board is tour ready - we go out 3rd week of April.

Truth be told, I still kind of want a wider board so I can add a couple pedals... but that's a lot of $$!

·
Premium Member
18,806 Posts
Thanks for the recognition....much appreciated.
The tour will be an excellent test for these cables. I did my best for you and I hope they are totally dependable.
If someone in your band needs some cables made up, please let me know.

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Nice work, Dave. That looks great.

you da man.........HNG^%$

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Proud owner here of some cables made by greco too! Looks great and you have nice pedals. Taping the controls of my pedals seems a good idea, since I've been playing with my new band, and borrowing a dd3 from the bass player, I don't change much in my pedalboard, the only thing that stops me from doing that is that some amps change the unity volume of the dirty pedals and I usually play with whatever amp there is in the stage.
Congrats on the new tour, make sure you report to us when on WiFi. :)

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
As far as space goes, looks like you could maybe get one more smaller pedal on there but i understand in a live situation thatès a lot of footswitches very close together. Especially the caverns.

·
Premium Member
18,806 Posts
GRECO #1!!!!!!
Man, please don't shout...I don't handle recognition and being in the spotlight all that well...LOL

I enjoy these rather basic and repetitive electronics projects. It is nice when the finished cables are so universally needed and often in quantities of more that 1 or 2.

Unfortunately, DIY cables can only be cost effective if you get the components (cabling and plugs) at a decent price...otherwise, you just can't compete with what is available in the stores, especially if you have to add shipping to get them to a customer.

Possibly custom length cables for pedalboards with a choice of plugs has a chance of being a successful adventure?

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tons of room left on that board. I could easily fit 2 more boss sized pedals on there!
I am thinking of a single switch for CTL 1 of the dd-500, and running two banks of 3. Also an expression pedal off the board.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Maybe, like me, he likes the expression pedal off the board.

I prefer it at ground level and not raised on the board. And sometimes I don't use one (often because of space limitations) so it isn't wasting space on my small boards. I have two small boards with and M5 and M9, so one exp pedal works with either - I just carry it in my gigbag and use it when I can.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you're looking for something a bit tidier than putting tape across the knobs (and leaving glue gunk behind), these guys have a great idea.

If you go to the 8:00 mark, they put colored sticker dots where the settings should be. They come in packs of about 1,000 for a dollar or so at the Dollar Store. They work like a charm !.

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are the stickers stoppers, or just to mark the place? I accidentally kick knobs out of position, which is why they're taped. Yes I should watch the video :p

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Nice board Budda! Good job Dave. Hope to see you when I go to KW sometime this summer.

Good luck on the tour Budda!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts