The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has happened upon the Google adds for Thalia Capos. One popped up on a Youtube I was watching the other night and I found it very interesting.

ThaliaCapos.com: Exceptional Guitar Capos

I thought about it a while, and ended up ordering one last night. Cool concept, I'll let you know how well it works when it arrives.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
These look pretty cool, I'm interested to hear your experience with it.

I've gone through many capos over the years. I've either broken them, or lost them; but for me, the end all be all of Capos is my G7th Performance 2 - it's been great to me with no issues.

·
Premium Member
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These look pretty cool, I'm interested to hear your experience with it.

I've gone through many capos over the years. I've either broken them, or lost them; but for me, the end all be all of Capos is my G7th Performance 2 - it's been great to me with no issues.
I'm tired of retuning after putting the capo on (12 string). The 2 octave strings on the 5th & 6th strings always need a tweak. Tried a bunch of different ones, nothing close to perfect. Hoping this works out.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I hear ya. However, I don't have that much experience with the G7th beyond say the 5th or 6th fret. Another capo that I was really impressed with (I lost it, which eventually led me to the G7th) was the Planet Waves Ned Steinberger one with the adjustable tension.

·
Premium Member
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one I'm using now has a thumb screw for adjusting tension rather than a spring. It works pretty good but it's flat so the center strings end up a little sharp. That's what I liked about this Thalia thing, it can be tailored match your fret board radius.

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
Yes, my buddy told me about them but i dont use a capo.Looks like a good concept.Let us know what you think.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
I'm sorry - $100 (and up) for a capo? Fuck off*.

*not directed at anyone here, but generally in Thalia's direction

·
Premium Member
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry - $100 (and up) for a capo? Fuck off*.

*not directed at anyone here, but generally in Thalia's direction
I tend to agree with you on the price. However, I use a capo a lot, and I've spent way more than $100 on stupid sh1t that I've used less. I volunteer to be the fool to check them out :)

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
Well, they aren't hurting in the looks department, that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
I tend to agree with you on the price. However, I use a capo a lot, and I've spent way more than $100 on stupid sh1t that I've used less. I volunteer to be the fool to check them out :)
Fair enough, but they could have a basic model with no bling (inlay) for a more reasonable price. Also my Dunlop Trigger capo was $20 and is awesome (similar mechanism with the reverse style action). It comes in various radii (as well as flat) and I have never had tuning issues (even with my friend's new Reverend 12 string).

It just turns me off when the company is obviously more about moneymaking vs any of the other benevolent things they claim (I've seen their promos before). A good tip off is whenever there's a partnership with Swarovski Crystal (which is Czech for 'overpriced decorative glass reclaimed from cathedral windows smashed during the war' fyi)

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I have two of them. Bought them when it was still in kickstarter mode. About 40 bucks a pop back then

Attachments

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I've been using the same Shubb for the last ~30 years. It works. I also have a couple of the NS Capos (got them in string packs) and they work well.

It's great when you find something that works, so here's hoping the Thalia does it for you.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has happened upon the Google adds for Thalia Capos. One popped up on a Youtube I was watching the other night and I found it very interesting.

ThaliaCapos.com: Exceptional Guitar Capos

I thought about it a while, and ended up ordering one last night. Cool concept, I'll let you know how well it works when it arrives.
Well, my new $80 capo arrived the other day and it is very pretty, but it doesn't tune any better than every other capo I own. Same, same, same. On my 12 strings, the lower octave 6th, 5th, and 4th strings go way sharp just like they do with any other capo. Colour me disappointed :(

·
Registered
569 Posts
Darn that's fancy like! You kids got it so easy! When I was a boy all we had was a chewed-up pencil and a couple of elastic bands. (I'm only half joking!)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wow the price has gone up. I got mine a few years ago when they had their "kick starter" campaign $15 I think. The capo is fine. A lot of whiners on the AGF moaned and groaned about spring tension. Honestly most there should get their undies loosened. My G7th is my go to capo but the Thalia travels with me. I bought their rosewood pick pack.....outstanding! I love those picks. Santos Rosewood Pick Pack - Standard

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
A lot of whiners on the AGF moaned and groaned about spring tension.
No whining here but they did a much better job with that on the second version.
Part of the inflated cost now is obviously due to the exchange.

I had a V1 and have two V2s now. Great capo.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts