The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Sahla Thai in St. Catharines, Ontario is the best Canadian Thai i've ever had.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
got a real bad crazing for thai?

or a thai lady-friend?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Geez I havent had Good Thai in quite some time. I used to eat it several times a week when the Bamboo and Young Thailand were open. Now I'm more in a Vietnamese mode. But when I do go for Thai it's usually to...
Thai House Cuisine on Queen St. East in Toronto. REALLY good.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Yep!

GuitarsCanada said:
Is there a decent Thai restaurant in this province? I am willing to drive.
:DevilGuitar:

The wife had lunch at one here in Stoney Creek a day or two ago. When she gets home I'll find out the particulars and post again for you.

·
Registered
788 Posts
dunno about Thai, but There was a great malaysian place in TO in the mid '90s we used to love on bayview st. called "Satay on the Road"...if its still there try the "oodles of noodles" served with some spicy peanut sauce on the side. Damn that stuff is yummy :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Sorry I took so long...

GuitarsCanada said:
Fantastic Bill, I await the review.
Sorry about the delay. The wife's home battling pneumonia, the kids are home from school and of course, a wave of amp repairs picks this time to wash in the door!

Oh well, might scare an ordinary man but not me! :)

Anyhow, the place is called "Miss Thailand" and it's located at 826 Queenston Road in Stoney Creek, if you want to do a
http://www.mapquest.ca

Take Centennial Pkwy/Hwy20 exit off the QEW and follow it up to Queenston where you turn left. Just past the Shell gas station on your right as you make the turn is a mall with a Value Village and a Denningers. Turn right into the mall. The restaurant is in the "stub" that comes out to Queenston, closest to the road.

All I can say is that she loved it! This from a lady who is quite the cook herself.

Worth the drive, if you've got a Thai jones...

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am really bumming. I went over to Michigan last week and the Thai place I go to like twice a week had an eviction notice on the door. Gone... I am now searching for another one over there. I guess it was better than having a health board notice on the door but the result is the same... :mad:

·
Premium Member
16,536 Posts
Man Thai food is HOT!!

I had some in Minneapolis once.

Even the freaking ICECREAM was hot.

How do you make icecream hot for pete's sake?

(really really good food though)

·
Registered
136 Posts
...a great malaysian place in TO in the mid '90s we used to love on bayview st. called "Satay on the Road"...
Yep - I believe it is still there. I grew up a couple of blocks away from there ... I can't believe the place is still open - it's in a really high rent district ... they must own the building. http://www.satayontheroad.com/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts