The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here ordered any goods from a site called duloudeng? Their pricing seems to be erratic, some ridiculously low prices on some items (a Fluke 435 power analyzer for CAD$4.47). I was interested in their selection of test equipment. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
There are no laws protecting you from counterfeit items sold from other countries. At least not enforceable ones.
Add 'style' to the brand names in all the descriptions and that should be about right.

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
If you are working wityh 12-24v, I don't see a problem using a cheap chinese meter, but if I am playing with high voltage and
amperage, I'll use the real deal.

Reactions: DavidP

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are no laws protecting you from counterfeit items sold from other countries. At least not enforceable ones.
Add 'style' to the brand names in all the descriptions and that should be about right.
Yeah, with today's technology it is becoming more difficult to detect counterfeits...some of these people are getting very good and not just at art.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still use my VTVM for measuring over 120VDC & AC. I learnt my lesson well when I realized how sensitive the digital circuitry is...it's not forgiving like the glass analog is...they blow-up real good.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I still use my VTVM for measuring over 120VDC & AC. I learnt my lesson well when I realized how sensitive the digital circuitry is...it's not forgiving like the glass analog is...they blow-up real good.
Low cost voltmeter are not protected like good one as Fluke are.
Low cost voltmeter are not fool proof

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
True Paul, It's just making sure it's correctly calibrated being analog n' old.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are correct Rich, the tube operated equipment do require more maintenance for accuracy...just something about watching a needle against the scale for visual perception, I seem to understand the reading quicker and stronger in my memory, plus I was first trained with analog gear...maybe a biased opinion on my part.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Those Simpson ( I have one ) have too low impedance; reading could be false in some amp circuit . Don't use them.
Other , probably same. Good for museum or garbadge

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Hence why I never do. Besides, they don't go to the voltages I need them to. I have three Flukes to do the job (s). The small one pictured, is low voltage only and works well but I just don't bother...

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Hence why I never do. Besides, they don't go to the voltages I need them to. I have three Flukes to do the job (s). The small one pictured, is low voltage only and works well but I just don't bother...
Nothing like the smell and feel of Bakelite though.
I have an old Simpson similar to the one you have on the left.
Back in the day, I used to hit cash converters and second hand /pawn shops alot.
Many scores on those yellow dmm's , flipped them all and doubled my money on most.
Maybe I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time other's might call it a Fluke.:sneaky:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts