The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This cracked me up!

In September, 2006, Neurosonic was suspected by the United States' FBI as being terrorists when Jason's pedal board, which consisted of the board and wires in a hard case, was examined and subsequently seized by the TSA. Jason had taped Neurosonic's set list to the board, which consisted of most of the songs on Drama Queen. Some of the song names (i.e. So Many People, Until I Die, Crazy Sheila, etc.) were mistaken by the FBI as being terrorist code, although Jason was able to explain the situation and the board was eventually returned.[7]
Found on a Wikipedia about this guy Jason I used to play with years ago..

·
Registered
561 Posts
I sold a client's Random Access Digital Audio Recorder to another studio in SF. The "RADAR" was seized and only released after much ado. ....but that's nothing, a friend got a distressor a few years back, which is a well respected audio compressor for studio use that has a button that max's out the effect.

The button is called (and labeled) the "nuke" button. Canada customs stripped the unit down, inspected, debated, reinspected.... and ...eventually released it.

Since they have now figured out terrorists will probably not label their nuclear weapons with buttons marked "nuke", they are now looking for coded messages on pedalboards. I feel much safer.

Andy

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I'm surprised that they didn't think that the pedals were actually detonators. I can't say that I am surprised by their reaction. That whole country lives in a high state of paranoia (generally speaking, of course).

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm surprised that they didn't think that the pedals were actually detonators. I can't say that I am surprised by their reaction. That whole country lives in a high state of paranoia (generally speaking, of course).
Their government certainly does. Some people down there seem to as well but most Americans I have dealt with are tired of the whole thing.

But now that they are after pedal boards I feel a lot safer ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts