The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
Love the neck joint. In addition to 3 knob, not sure about the pine fretboard.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks great to me. I’ve always been a fan of the Ibanez quick-load bridges.

The pine fretboard is interesting; I guess Ibanez is trying new things with the Cites regulations taking effect. I’m a little hesitant of it, but I’ve never heard any specs or data on New Zealand pine, so it might be much harder and have less sap than North American varieties.

Other than that, this looks like a great guitar, and I’m sure the price point will be easy on the wallet.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Wrong scale length, neck pickup not positioned correctly, 3 knobs.

Nope, if I were looking for another LP, this wouldn't even be on my radar. Too many cheap guitars that hit the mark much better, IMO.

Reactions: colchar

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Neck is probably like a toothpick, so that might help. :)

If that was MIJ, you'd then bitch about the pricing.
NECK DIMENSIONS

Scale : 635mm/25"
a : Width 43mm at NUT
b : Width 58mm at 24F
c : Thickness 20mm at 1F
d : Thickness 22mm at 12F
Radius : 305mmR

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
What's that in english? :)
Just going by the Nut width, a 79 LP Deluxe is 42.8mm or 1 11/16" Very comfortable neck that I've been playing for a very long time. I'd actually consider trying one out just because of that. I don't like the 3 knob controls. Needs another tone knob.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
NECK DIMENSIONS

Scale : 635mm/25"
a : Width 43mm at NUT
b : Width 58mm at 24F
c : Thickness 20mm at 1F
d : Thickness 22mm at 12F
Radius : 305mmR
I have to do everything for you guys!
a : Width 43mm at NUT - 1.69
b : Width 58mm at 24F - 2.28
c : Thickness 20mm at 1F - 0.787
d : Thickness 22mm at 12F - 0.866
Radius : 305mmR - 12

Here you go, you "imperialists" :D

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
What's the big deal with the 3 knob layout?

Volume/Volume master tone.

I've never encountered a situation in any style that required 2 independent tone settings for pickups.
The neck is pretty much the same thing as my ARtist series models as far as thickness and construction, but the scale is 0.250" longer, Doubt it would have any bearing on play-ability, but I've never played a 25.00" scale guitar

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
@djmarcelca I'm always dicking around with both tone knobs on my LP. Mostly due to PUP configuration (Dunlop custom in bridge and Duncan Custom Firebird in Neck. When I use both together I have to mess with both the volumes and tones to get the right sound I'm after. Purely personal preference though....some may not want that type of control. And 1/4 of a foot is definitely going to make a huge difference. Case in point:

It's all in the details. :)

·
Premium Member
26,627 Posts
I think it is probably a mistake to confuse the LP appearance with what the guitar "ought" to be. The LP form is merely superficial. It is a different guitar.

RE: 3-knob layout. I'm fine with one Tone knob. But with two Volumes, I wonder how the Tone control is wired up.

But what the heck is New Zealand Pine? What sort of softwood would be used where much harder woods like ebonyand rosewood would normally be used? Or is it merely called pine, and really it's something else?

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
I like it. I tend to have my tone lower on the neck pup though, since it takes the edge off the brightness when my volume knob is rolled back.

I probably wouldn't buy it though just because of the name. My LPs need to say Samick or it just doesn't feel right.

G

·
What's the big deal with the 3 knob layout?

Volume/Volume master tone.

I've never encountered a situation in any style that required 2 independent tone settings for pickups.
The neck is pretty much the same thing as my ARtist series models as far as thickness and construction, but the scale is 0.250' longer, Doubt it would have any bearing on play-ability, but I've never played a 25.00" scale guitar
What I do is match up the bridge pickup in tone with the neck pickup, so there is a change but not as dramatic when switching. So neck tone at 10, bridge tone at 8.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts