The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
there are a number of members here who have been very kind to me over the years and even recently. I like to give away stuff from time to time. (Or tone to tone as I would rather say).

Here’s a send off. Makes me feel good. Small yet hopefully appreciated. Pic to follow.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4qTS0qESlFRuEu6f1

The new google photos I can’t seem to get the right link to post photos. Any advice

·
Premium Member
11,814 Posts
youre a good sport. that's a great pedal.

·
Premium Member
4,150 Posts
That one has always been on my radar but the planets never aligned enough for me to get one.

As far as sharing is concerned, it always makes me feel good...unless you get some douche who ends up being unappreciative.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Whenever I find a really good deal on a guitar that I can fix up and make into a player for less than $100 I do so and give it away to a local young person starting out with music. Yes, it makes me feel good but that's not why I do it. I see too many kids give up on music because of shitty gear that is hard to play. A couple of the kids have gone on to become pretty decent players, although one has switched to piano.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
While my daughter did her Karate I volunteered as much as possible not to feel good but to make sure I payed it forward and have given away many guitars to those who could not afford them and that was the very best feeling in the whole world allowing others to make beautiful noise some stayed with it and some didnt but those that didnt most passed their guitars to others to get them started so that makes me the happiest person I can be and I am hoping to leave something for my grandkids to play forward

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
A few days back, I put out a “wanted” ad for a 6 straight/ right angled cables.
Lava would only do the all straight or angled...
@sulphur , sent me a message, was ready to pay, but the brother sent me the cables I needed & a bonus “package filler” (to stop the rattling) 6 pack of strings!
Really, above and beyond.
Now have to name the next member of the family after him....
I hope calling him out for his generosity is not going to embarrass him, cause that is not my intention.
Thank you sulphur.

·
Registered
18,597 Posts
There truly is more joy in giving than receiving. It's even better when no one but the giver and the receiver knows. Sometimes that is impossible. There are some very generous members here and I am sure they enjoy being generous.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.