The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
@gbomb did you order direct from MJT?
The doublebound black I ordered as a neck, body and hardware package, I supplied the pickups (Peter Florance te-59's), pots and switch and I put it together myself. The Shyboy was done by Brad @Shyboy guitars. He used an MJT body and shaped an allparts baseball bat neck to a soft v to c (.950 @ 1st 1.00 inch @ 12th).The Fiesta red I bought of a forum member (MJT/Musikraft neck).All the rest over the last 10 years or so I just bought the bodies from MJT and used allparts necks with assorted pups (Dawgtown A/2's), OC Duff, Pickup Wizard, Fatpups (Blackguard) and the Peter Florance TE-59 in the doublebound black.I assembled all but two.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)

Got this one yesterday. Way more snarl than my 2016 mag seven telecaster.

Intonation was good right out of the box. Has a little bit more relief than I like but not enough to worry about just now. Lowered the action a bit and it plays real good. I changed out the 9s that came on it for 10s mainly because the 9s had been on there since it left California and 10s are all I had. Probably stick with 10s though.

Pickups seem to be hotter than my other telecaster and they have a really full rich sound compared to the mag seven which has custom shop pickups on it and is also a nice guitar. The broadcaster pickups kinda have their own built-in overdrive.

Totally different sound dynamic to this guitar.

The thick neck is comfortable and I don’t notice any issues with the radius being different than my other guitars but then stuff like that doesn’t bother me anyway.

Nut width is a bit narrower but I measured the string spacing with a calliper and it’s the same on both guitars; There’s just a little bit less space between both the E strings and the edge of the neck.

Neck pickup is quite strong and the guitar sounds good with both pickups going. It would be interesting to swap in the extra resistor to make the tone control a blend knob for the neck and bridge pickup but I would want to try one with that mod already done before going to the trouble of messing with it.

Anyway, I like this guitar.

Edit: Added a pic of the other one.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Did you special order it through a local store?
Got it from Cosmo; they had two of them; one in the warehouse and one in the store so did the curb side delivery. Cosmo is not far from my office. A few L&M stores have them but none at their warehouse. Usually I don’t order guitars online but the lucky 19 has changed that.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Got it from Cosmo; they had two of them; one in the warehouse and one in the store so did the curb side delivery. Cosmo is not far from my office. A few L&M stores have them but none at their warehouse. Usually I don’t order guitars online but the lucky 19 has changed that.
Broadcaster?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Yeah, the production version not custom shop.
Very nice. I almost ordered one at my local L&M yesterday, but they were seemingly going out of their way to not take my money.

I'm still on the prowl for one, but now the Pro II Telecasters have really caught my eye. I think the Broadcaster would better compliment my Korina 52 reissue though, so time will tell.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
There is a used Broadcaster at The Guitar Shop in Toronto I didn’t check it out but they want 2300 for it which is too close to the original price in my opinion. Wasn’t all that anxious to go there with the virus and all that but they might move a bit on price.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
In order:
1. 2004 Fender Am Deluxe tele - a little too heavy (sold)
2. Whitfill ‘52 butterscotch - sweet guitar but neck too thick (my fault for ordering it that way) - sold
3. Fender Custom Shop ‘62 Telecaster Custom with the double binding. Amazing and light, but didn’t love the pickups and didn’t want to start modding it - sold
4. Fender 1982 Fullerton ‘52 reissue - sweet sounding guitar but too heavy - sold
5. Musikraft partscaster telecaster with Nashville pickup config - just an amazing guitar - Keeper
6. Nick Oswald (Netherlands) custom built early 60s style telecaster. Incredible guitar. Keeper.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts