The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many do you have or how many have you gone through ?

Edit:

Forgot to mention I have one and it has a rosewood board.

Been thinking about a Broadcaster.

There's a few new Broadcasters in local shops and one place has a used one but they want too much for it might as well buy new.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I have 1 and it's the only one I've owned. I find them good for covering a lot of ground, but the twangy bridge pickup thing that it excels at is not really my bag. My strats can cover all the sounds that the tele does plus more. I need separate bridge and neck tone controls too so my tele stays home on jam day

·
Registered
163 Posts
One, and one. G&L ASAT classic thinline. Technically it is borrowed, I've had custody over 10 years.

·
Premium Member
16,994 Posts
Ive had two and Im on my second. May add another later but Im not in a rush.

First was a late 2000s usa deluxe, swapped the S1 stuff out for JS Moore set (liked my friends tex mex in his warmoth). Once I used it more, I discovered the assymetrical neck wasnt for me. Sold it at a reasonable loss to fund my first usa PRS.

Second is my Ayr "Modern Broadcaster" 30th bday special. Massive U neck (1" at 12th) akin to the fender '52 AVRI neck. Swamp ash body, vineham broadcaster set and a joe barden bridge. This guitar wont compete with $2k builds, but the feel and sound are 100% what I want it to do. It's gonna get a translucent shell pink refin via Coloma guitars at some point.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Currently have 3. A 1971 firemist, a 1972 blonde and a 2012 sunburst. That is one too many. I find they are all drastically different sound wise.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I’ve gone through 4 Teles, wish I could’ve kept them all. Regret parting with almost all of them but that’s just the way it goes. There’s nothing like a tele bridge pickup but for me a telltale sign of a good Tele is the neck pickup. The one in the CS ‘63 Tele I had was to die for.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
One and done.

#050 Kinal. Babicz bridge, Fralin blues deluxe bridge, Seymour Duncan lipstick in the neck. I think it is to '52 specs, but I'd have to confirm that.

Easily my best guitar, I've used it for everything from thrash to jazz and its the usually my reliable grab and go unless I desperately need to use a trem.

There's another Kinal for sale in Burnaby, and if this one wasn't so good, I would pick it up in a heartbeat. Custom-shop quality for $1600 obo. A bloody steal IMO.

·
Premium Member
8,917 Posts
Never really was a big Tele fan. I only have one because they say 'everyone needs a Tele!' Am I right!?
I'm on #6. I didn't bond with the previous five.
In order of acquisition;

'75 Mann

'96 Squire

'14 Squier John 5

'16 G&L Tribute

'08 American Std

Current keeper (for now)
'06 Hwy One partscaster

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
i have 3, ..... i find them to be the easiest Electric guitars to play, mostly the necks feel the most comfortable to my hand.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
My first was a used Tele Deluxe which I bought in '77. My tale of woe has been retold hereabouts. My current is a used MIM Tele Thinline with two modern "WRHB" pickups (which are passable standard humbuckers and very far from actual WRHBs).

Between these I've had a couple of Thinlines, especially a ProTone, and a few regular Teles, a one-off David Wren version that belonged to a friend and sold to another friend, but that's about it. Maybe 8 or 9, I can't be certain. Had a Tele Bass too.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
None.

Had one in the seventies. Good guitar. Probably sold it for booze and/or drugs. Not sorry.

Got another given to me a few years ago, cuz the guy thought he owed me for taking him to the hospital, and he wouldn't shut up about it until I took it. Gave it away to someone who needed it more. Everybody is happy.

Contrary to popular belief, they are nothing special.

"But nothing wrong with them too," Kapn added quickly, glancing around nervously. 😬🤐

·
Registered
11,886 Posts
I have three, an AVRI, a G&L ASAT Special and a custom build.

I had a MIJ 52 RI, Fender HH spalted top, Fender J5 and another custom build.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I've had 3 - a Black FMT HH, a Squier Classic Vibe, and the only one I currently have is an American Special. I do have a Les Paul problem, and can honestly say I don't "get" the telecaster thing just yet, but there's one hanging on the wall when I want to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
My first electric was an early 70s blonde Tele which I traded in for a Marshall JCM900. Here are the other Tele types that I remember:
  • 1991 G&L ASAT Classic - my #1 for quite a few years
  • 1986 G&L Broadcaster
  • Mike Spicer built thinline with a G&L neck. My buddy was a big fan Jonny Lang and had this built to replicate one he was using at the time.
  • Refinished 1972 Thinline
  • 1967 Tele with a C width neck
  • Fender CS '63 in Candy Apple red. Was special ordered with an Ash body (early 2000's)
  • Fender CS '63 in Lake Placid blue (early 2000's)
  • A couple of G&L Bluesboy's that came and went pretty quickly
  • And finally, my current one, a 2018 CS '54 Tele in black

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
In order.....
2000 MIM tele, gone.

MIC Black Modern Player tele. Great guitars that were reasonably price when they came out. Traded it for a,

MIM White Deluxe Nashville tele, gone.

Currently have a Baja Tele that I really enjoy. Picked up from a fellow forumite.

I guess my Godin Session Custom somewhat counts. Cool t style guitar with a trem.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I've had 4 over the years: 2000ish MIM Sunburst traded 2010, Marc Rutters/TV jones La Cabronita style body sold last year, Body by Nathan pine 'Turmric' Esq 4 way Eldred wiring with a Vineham B, and my MIM Body, MIJ rosewood Strat neck Vineham B neck/stock MIM bridge. The only changes I'm contemplating are a new nut for the MIJ neck and maybe a new harness for the MIM body.

I love the playing position on Tele's; I can clamp my hand around that bridge and it just feels so right. I play mostly with fingers and thumbpicks. I honestly see no need for any more electric guitars. That doesn't mean I may never buy another, but I won't really need it.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts