The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
This time last year I bought a telecaster. I’d played acoustic for the previous 95 years.

A friend who is a good all round musician asked why I got a telecaster of all things.

I said “ we’ll probably because it sounds great, it’ll cut through to the next county and what the hell else kinda guitar would I play anymore anyway.”

L

·
0 Posts
I have one strat (down from three) and two tele's.
I'll probably be getting rid of the heavy tele.

·
Registered
14,585 Posts
I like Strats--comfortable to play--and I love the sound of the middle & neck pickups together...

Reactions: SaucyJack and J-75

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Tele, without question.

I love the way they feel and sound. As much as I like my LP, my Tele is my #1. I love everything about that guitar (except the pickups that came in it but I am finally getting around to changing those this week). Teles just seem to fit me like a glove, moreso than pretty much any other guitar. And sound wise they are unbelievably versatile. I think Teles and ES guitars (335, 355, etc.) are the most versatile ones out there.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Some people really like the feel, sound and look of a strat. I really like the look, feel and sound of a tele.

However, I wouldn't be very upset to own an Ibanez JEM.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Strats are great to be sure; lottsa awesome music played on them and no way to say which is better.

But for me a telecaster is primordial like a war club - it’s like when that ape in 2001 picks up a femur bone and discovers how to use it to smash shit ... weaponized music ... lol

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Tele hands down. Incredibly versatile, and tough as nails. I left mine the cold car for a week, played it for 2 hours in a warm house, and put it away again for a few days. Still haven't needed to tune. The bridge pickup tone is like nothing else in the guitar world. I play everything from 50s country, through 60s blues and 70s hard rock, all the way to 80s metal with my Esquire. And such a classic, classy appearance. When I throw my Esquire on, I feel like I'm wearing a tuxedo.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts