The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After years of looking for deals on La Cabronitas, I have managed to find both an MiM one and Squier one within a few months for decent prices. I also found the oddball Vintage Modified Tele Bass which I don't even think was made for more than a year. They all go well together.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally dig this. Is the MIM six string Cab modded at all? Bridge looks cool.
Yes, the one thing in common with both models is the stock bridge is garbage. They dig into my hands big time. They don't even really line up with the pickup pole pieces, nor do the strings sit straight in them. It's like Fender just picked a random bridge to stick on them. I have one I will be installing on the Squier as well, I got them from here: Hard tail hipshot style bridge [HTST-HS] - £19.75 . The pickguard on the MiM is after market as well, I think I just got it off eBay. I might track down another, I like how they look.

No mods beyond that, but I do have a set of TV Jones Classics I bought off the forum. I have 2 other Filtertron guitars though, and I can't decide which to put them in hah.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very cool looking man!

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just in case anyone is interested, the MiM and the Squire other than a very slight neck profile difference feel and look pretty much the exact same. They even are about the exact same weight. I am a huge Squier fan, and it's always fun to play comparable models.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I think teles are a great guitar and it seems like you are headed in the right direction.
Hopefully for your sake you will get a tele soon and see what the big deal is all about.
Good luck with your quest.
G.

L

·
0 Posts
Love that Tele bass. I'm gonna make one some day.

This belongs to a friend of mine.

thunderbolt.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

View attachment 228828
Nice! That bridge pickup is way more practical for this setup. There is such a huge difference in output with mine, that I find the bridge position kind of useless with what's in it. But the neck and combination tones are great. I may get a really hot J Bass pickup from GFS or something to replace what's there. Look wise, something with some Chrome like your buddies bass would look way better too.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think teles are a great guitar and it seems like you are headed in the right direction.
Hopefully for your sake you will get a tele soon and see what the big deal is all about.
Good luck with your quest.
G.
I've owned over a dozen teles. I am just a sucker for anything with Filtertrons in it though. I also have my Reverend Flatrock and a ProJet hah.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I've owned over a dozen teles. I am just a sucker for anything with Filtertrons in it though. I also have my Reverend Flatrock and a ProJet hah.
you have obviously been there and back again.
Its all good....carry on.
G.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
How is it possible that I have never seen a tele bass as in this picture...?
I would love to try one for a few minutes as it does look cool.
G.

View attachment 228828

L

·
0 Posts
Besides G&L Asat and Squier Vintage Modified, I don't know anyone mainstream that makes one.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts

After years of looking for deals on La Cabronitas, I have managed to find both an MiM one and Squier one within a few months for decent prices. I also found the oddball Vintage Modified Tele Bass which I don't even think was made for more than a year. They all go well together.
That pic sort of teles a story about you.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts