The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I held off on buying a new neck from Musikraft for an upcoming project and now it seems they have taken down some of the options I was after. The main one being the Telecaster neck in a 24.75" scale. I emailed them but haven't received any word back on what is up and I see they have a posting on the home page talking about some of this stuff. I'm sure Warmoth can be substituted but I haven't looked carefully at the details.

My question is, anyone else to consider for a custom neck?

I'm after a chunky 24.75" scale maple Telecaster neck (preferable with some figuring), 1.65" nut width, rosewood fingerboard (preferably dark) with 22 frets and a 12" radius, clay inlay dots, the rest would be pretty standard.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I have a Warmoth 1 11/16, 59 Profile, 24.75” scale on my Tele and it’s a great neck. It’s 10-16” compound, but they do make 12” if you ask, I think. Mine is all Maple.They do have an option to pick dark rosewood. Of course, they are pricey and you might have to get an import certificate for the rosewood.

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Warmoth 1 11/16, 59 Profile, 24.75” scale on my Tele and it’s a great neck. It’s 10-16” compound, but they do make 12” if you ask, I think. Mine is all Maple.They do have an option to pick dark rosewood. Of course, they are pricey and you might have to get an import certificate for the rosewood.
I'm tempted by Warmoth and they do have some nice stuff. I would have to do a bit of research on all the options but so far the numbers are not bad, seems cheaper than Musikraft actually. My thing is, trying something new is scary and I feel like a few MK necks under my belt I know what to expect. Shoot.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
I have 2 Warmoth necks and both are stunning. Excellent build quality. And they are licensed by Fender which I like. And I like that you can pick your exact finger board if you pay a bit extra

Reactions: jdto

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So after putting this off once and missing out on a conversion neck from Musikraft I have put it off again just to figure out what to do. I begged and pleaded and asked if they knew who my dad was and still got a we are too busy and are not offering some of our regular features at the moment from MK. I have had plenty of suggestions and good reviews for Warmoth but also a few less than stellar ones. I think I'm going to take this opportunity to compare and get myself a couple of different options to choose from,,... I'm going to order two necks, one from each. The Musikraft will be the norm, Fender scale rosewood on maple, 59 profile. The Warmoth will be a Gibson scale rosewood on mahogany, 59 profile. It'll be a fun to see both the differences and similarities in each one. I found it funny how the two companies charge extra for different things but it basically comes out to a difference of 10 bucks in the end.

·
Premium Member
17,361 Posts
USA GC didn't make the cut?

Reactions: jdto
1 - 14 of 14 Posts