The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to mod a donor Tele and I'd like to try out a different bridge plate and saddles, anyone have a suggestion?

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Do you like the traditional 3 saddle Tele bridge, or the more modern 6 saddle bridge?

If you like the 3 saddle I would highly recommend Marc Rutters. I own several and they are the best IMHO. There are also great options available from Glendale and Callaham.

If you like the 6 saddle I highly recommend the Gotoh Modern Bridge.

·
Registered
11,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like both 3 and 6 saddle. They can be set up properly and do a decent job of intonation.

You pretty much nailed down the two I was considering but having a tough time deciding on. I like the Rutters 3 saddle steel machined bridge and I would like to try out Gotoh out as well in some form. I have Callaham and Glendale and am very happy with them so far.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I put Callaham's on mine.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I always wanted to try these 'full contact' designs. It's such an elegant solution. I had a similar idea and then discovered this was already available and all the engineering was already done! Someday I'm gonna get me one.

Babicz Full Contact Hardware - With "eCAM" Saddle Technology from Babicz - FCH Tele Bridge

Oh and it lacks those blasted set screws which, if they are even slightly exposed (i.e. a bit too long for the setup) cut into my picking hand.

·
Administrator
16,432 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Very interesting. Thanks. I have a squire tele that I have updated the pups (Reilander) and the pots, switch and cap. I have been mulling if I should change the bridge or not so this discussion and advice is very helpful. The only fly in the ointment is it has to be a left handed bridge. So far the only ones I have been able to find are at Allparts.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here is a nice 3 hole modern mount ash tray style by Glendale.

Or you can also go Callaham or Rutters for a modern non ashtray style, all are excellent pieces of hardware.

·
Registered
11,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I'm going to go with the Rutters. I already have a few of the others mentioned here and it's time I try them, was close in the past but didn't happen.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I always wanted to try these 'full contact' designs. It's such an elegant solution. I had a similar idea and then discovered this was already available and all the engineering was already done! Someday I'm gonna get me one.

Babicz Full Contact Hardware - With "eCAM" Saddle Technology from Babicz - FCH Tele Bridge

Oh and it lacks those blasted set screws which, if they are even slightly exposed (i.e. a bit too long for the setup) cut into my picking hand.
I also have a Babicz on my tele and I love it

·
Administrator
420 Posts
I went with the three saddle (compensated) Wilkinson (import) on my dirt cheap partstele. Seems ok, great price. Got it from Bezdez, who is in Canada, and has great selections and prices.

L

·
0 Posts
Bezdez is great to deal with.
Not sure if they still do it, but, If you call in your order, there's a discount.
1-800-377-3187

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
The Klein I ordered for my Monty tele build is a high quality piece - on par with the Glendales I've owned at half the price.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

+1

Thats what I have on my Kinal tele. Super comfy, no rough edges. I haven't had to intonate in the 6 years I've played this as my main which says a lot. I have the ashtray, but that strat style looks slick.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts