The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electronics Technology Electronic device
Hey everybody.

For (so I’m told) the 14th consecutive year I’m running the sound at the Rockton Fair (southern Ontario for anyone out of Province).

I’m treated well here and love the mental break from my regular job.

Just setting up a few barns. Most of the major stuff we set up yesterday.

My daughter runs the karaoke system shown here (Yorkville M1610, 2 X Yorkville YX15 mains and two Yorkville YX10 wedges.

·
Premium Member
21,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From that track we broadcast on FM 88.1. I pick that signal up with a receiver a few hundred meters away which is plugged into another M1610 powering another 8 NX35s (also flown). That system carries announcements to the far reaches of the grounds so the drivers (or horse people) can know when to prepare for their heats.

And indeed, anyone close by (within a km or so) can tune in the track announcements nice and clear.

·
Premium Member
21,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hell is that even a word or did I make it up?

We fly them so they’re flown?

LOL, whatever. The speakers are about fifteen to twenty feet (it varies) up hydro poles secured with chains.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Hell is that even a word or did I make it up?

We fly them so they’re flown?
Back when I made a living as an A/V tech, "flown" was a word that we used for any equipment that was supported from above. So it's a word in my world, for whatever that's worth.

·
Premium Member
21,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good, thanks.

You never know.

Wet start this morning but everything’s working so far.

The survival tactic out here is “layers”.

I probably had five on last night.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.