The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
if you want the absolute killer, best **** Taylor get ahold of a copy of the Stones Bootleg "Nasty Music" .. it is also called the Brussels Affair on another label .. it's a soundboard recording taken allegedly for a 1973 Brussels Stones show ... little **** was bored with the band and he passed the time with killer, extensive soloing on almost every song ... plus the guitar is very forward and prominent, not buried in the mix as per usual ... of all the hundreds of Stones Bootlegs that I collected during the 80's and 90's this is the only one I kept .. **** was always great ..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Four letter word that ends with "ck"? Not that mysterious, but that censor-bot is a little over-zealous.

Reactions: Fred Gifford

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you want the absolute killer, best ** Taylor get ahold of a copy of the Stones Bootleg "Nasty Music" .. it is also called the Brussels Affair on another label .. it's a soundboard recording taken allegedly for a 1973 Brussels Stones show ... little ** was bored with the band and he passed the time with killer, extensive soloing on almost every song ... plus the guitar is very forward and prominent, not buried in the mix as per usual ... of all the hundreds of Stones Bootlegs that I collected during the 80's and 90's this is the only one I kept .. **** was always great ..
Brussels affair is amazing! I didn’t know it was also called Nasty Music though. That’s a cool bit of Stones trivia. Taylor was lights out on the 72/73 tours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Four letter word that ends with "ck"? Not that mysterious, but that censor-bot is a little over-zealous.
Yeah it could be that or if it filters for slurs or derogatory names, which would apply to Taylor’s first name (although I don’t know how much use that term gets anymore, thankfully).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah it could be that or if it filters for slurs or derogatory names, which would apply to Taylor’s first name (although I don’t know how much use that term gets anymore, thankfully).
That's a very good possibility as well--I didn't even think of the ethnic slur (it's kind of fallen off my radar). Good point!

·
Registered
259 Posts
funny, I've discussed Mr. Taylor on other American guitar forums and countless Stones forums and have never seen this happen before, if it is a computer censor then by this logic the Legal/Patented Product, Nut/Saddle Lube called "Big Bends Nut Sauce" shall be banned from our eyes forever ... I hope this simply isn't the case, being treated like Beavis and Butthead is a tad .. embarrasing ? insulting ? Only in Canada, eh ???

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
it's the irish connotation..

Just Spell it Mic Taylor ;)
I knew it!! That was my suggestion when it was being debated a few months ago. Glad you cleared it up.

As for Mr. Taylor's playing, I know it's a go-to, and everyone knows it, but Can't you Hera Me Knocking is goose-bump stuff for me. He doesn't blow the doors off, he just keeps the phrasing tasty, and just when you think it's becoming predictable, he changes it ever so slightly.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
The short solo on Heartbreaker is pretty cool too. (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts