The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow! They are sure purdy lookin'. I especially like the Custom with the figured walnut top. Seems like they've put a lot of their own unique features into this guitar - the bridge looks interesting and I like how the 5-way switch interacts with the dual humbuckers. And the neck joint, and the controls...it all looks very classy and top notch.

·
Registered
240 Posts
MSRP's are on the website:
Classic: $1748
Standard: $2398
Custom: $3098

So probably lower in stores. Not overly expensive, IMO. But still a fair chunk of change.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
If its a Taylor it should be a good guitar. I wonder who will make the first Chinesse versions, Taylor or some Chinesse copycat............

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
What? No double cuts ????

·
Registered
131 Posts
For me personally, I think the headstock is rather ugly. It would've been nice if they Taylor had their original headstock shape used on acoustics.

Then again, they may have switched the look so that nobody mistakes it for another guitar in a smoky bar..:eek:

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Very attractive. Looks to be somewhat like a Godin LG (I love mine), but more upscale. Maybe that's the market they're trying to break.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw these at my local store on the weekend, but only got to try out the classic and the maple capped one. The pickups were different on these two.
I thought they were well put together, but didn't really have a chance to put them through their paces.
The classic was just under $1400 I believe.
I'll try to get back there sometime this week to properly evaluate them.
I've been looking for a double humbucker pickup with a 5 way switch for a while now, maybe this guitar will fit the bill.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Hey Congee99, I'm in Toronto as well. Which store did you see them at? I'd like to give one a tryout.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really should log into this site more often. :)
Sorry about the delay in replying.
I saw the guitars at Cosmo Music in Richmond Hill.

There are two different types of pickups from what I remember.
The classic and the Walnut top one had the same type of pickup, and the flame maple top one had different pickups altogether.

Hope this helps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts