The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would post a picture of the Taylor 522ce, all mahogany top, sides, bottom and neck. Ebony fretboard and bridge. Just a gorgeous guitar IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
Really love Taylors and that one is a looker. I was fortunate enough to try out mu freinds 614CE last Friday and compared to his old 71 Martin D? it was no comparison. The Taylor is a nicer brighter instrument to my old ears.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
So, with it being all mahogany, how does the sound compare to Taylors that are made from the more common woods like say spruce and sapele or spruce and Indian rosewood?

·
Registered
141 Posts
All the Taylor 522ce guitars I see online are 12 fret instruments with the open slot headstock (like a classical guitar). Nevertheless, the all hog tone should be similar so here's an example.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Wow that's pretty. But why do they have to put pickups and preamp with ugly buttons in all their guitars now (same with Martin). Pet peeve of mine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I concur on the buttons and onboard preamps but I'll bet the sound in the video I posted has more to do with the Audio Technica 4081 dual capsule ribbon mic than the guitar's built in electronics.

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
I concur on the buttons and onboard preamps but I'll bet the sound in the video I posted has more to do with the Audio Technica 4081 dual capsule ribbon mic than the guitar's built in electronics.
You may find the following video quite interesting.

Reactions: Guyfrets
1 - 9 of 9 Posts