The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you pay tax on guitars? I just moved from a place where they don't have sales tax and I just wanted to buy a guitar from L&M

·
Premium Member
8,577 Posts
Also, if you trade, you should only pay tax on the difference, not the full retail new price.

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
if youre a card carrying First Nation indigenous person, you get a break on tax as well, I believe. Unlikely to be the case here though :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
NL... just as well to add 15% onto everything... we pay extra for our booming economy and excellent quality of life... har har har...

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
NL... just as well to add 15% onto everything... we pay extra for our booming economy and excellent quality of life... har har har...
We pay the 15% too, and send our extra tax money to NL so they can continue their excellent quality of life. :D:D

·
Registered
662 Posts
We pay the 15% too, and send our extra tax money to NL so they can continue their excellent quality of life. :D:D
Well, nothing seems to be working here. The latest study says we need to cut spending or increase annual revenue by at least 2B or there is almost a 100% chance we will go bankrupt within the next 100 years; some studies claim it could be as soon as 2022.

The problem here is our governments make piss poor decisions, are fiscally irresponsible, and past generations have saddled us with so much debt that it’s impossible to climb out of debt when you’re the slowest growing province in Canada. It got so bad that there was even a tax on books; in the province with the highest illiteracy rate in Canada. Our entire provincial political system here is a farce, and the conflicts of interest would make your head spin.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Well, nothing seems to be working here. The latest study says we need to cut spending or increase annual revenue by at least 2B or there is almost a 100% chance we will go bankrupt within the next 100 years; some studies claim it could be as soon as 2022.

The problem here is our governments make piss poor decisions, are fiscally irresponsible, and past generations have saddled us with so much debt that it’s impossible to climb out of debt when you’re the slowest growing province in Canada. It got so bad that there was even a tax on books; in the province with the highest illiteracy rate in Canada. Our entire provincial political system here is a farce, and the conflicts of interest would make your head spin.
So Ron, what you're saying is the political system in good ole Nfld. is similar to everywhere else. One thing you have and I have heard it said many times, that Nfld. has the nicest people in Canada.

·
Registered
662 Posts
So Ron, what you're saying is the political system in good ole Nfld. is similar to everywhere else. One thing you have and I have heard it said many times, that Nfld. has the nicest people in Canada.
That’s the only thing that keeps most of us here. The people here have nothing left to give, but if you need the shirt off their back, they’ll gladly oblige. You can’t walk into a house without being offered a meal, a drink, a place to sleep.

It’s like a case of Stockholm syndrome here; as much as we hate just about everything here, there’s a lot of pride in the province, and the people really do mean well. Things are going to get better here, but we need a huge mindset shift in the next few years if we really want to see change.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
The problem here is our governments make piss poor decisions, are fiscally irresponsible, and past generations have saddled us with so much debt that it’s impossible to climb out of debt

You just described Ontario, and the rest of the country once Trudeau is done with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts