The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else started seeing a damn Tapatalk banner at the top of the GC page on their mobile phone? I've tried a bunch of different things to get rid of it with no luck. Just started happening this week. I do not have the tapatalk app installed btw.

·
Super Moderator
15,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found a solution that seems to be working at the moment. I downloaded the free Adblock browser and then under settings hit "request desktop site". That seemed to clear it and then it stayed gone when I switched back from the desktop site. So far so good.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
It's something that should be disabled. I just double checked and it's still listed as turned off on my end. What kind of device are you on?

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
15,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was only getting it on my Android phone, Moto G5. I've managed to get rid of it per the above method and so far so good. Still using the Adblock browser as opposed to Chrome.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
I get it on my phone, but not my browser. Browser has ad block though.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
I get it on my phone, but not my browser. Browser has ad block though.
If you have a gold membership you should never see an ad once you are logged into the site. Tapatalk, is not what it used to be. You must have the latest software/app uploaded to your site. Not sure that's being done, been 2 years or more since I did an update to it. Once you open the app you are at the mercy of that app. It's not a function of this website but of Tapatalk. Need to resolve the issue there. It's possible they are forcing ads from their end, which cannot be controlled here. The only way to truly disable it is by removing the website from their listings.

Forum readers are pretty much redundant now. Most forum software today has built in mobile layouts that automatically resolve the size and spacing.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
I see the tapatalk on my phone because it does not keep me logged in. Sorry for the confusion. But trying to login with that tapatalk banner on top is a pain in the butt.

Reactions: aC2rs and davetcan

·
Super Moderator
15,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see the tapatalk on my phone because it does not keep me logged in. Sorry for the confusion. But trying to login with that tapatalk banner on top is a pain in the butt.
Yep, that's what was driving me crazy. I've never used Tapatalk and never loaded the app on my phone either. Bloody annoying until I got rid of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts