The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its ridiculous, I don't even like black guitars. But, I have been wanting a good junior forever. I'm never going to be able to get a real 50's Jr.
I have sold 5 guitars in the last two weeks so I have the cash for this one. I don't like painted necks, and I could take the finish off the neck right down to the wood. I bet it would be a killer player.
But...I am getting rid of stuff...not buying, right??

Gibson Billie Joe Armstrong Junior | Guitares | Ville de Montréal | Kijiji

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
863 Posts
Ouch -- $1200 for one with that much finish damage? I sold one on here last year that was much cleaner than that in sunburst (with a Duncan Antiquity to boot) for about $200 more. I'd pass unless you can get him down below a grand on it. They are superb guitars, so maybe go play it and see if it's you.

W.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I like the relic job - maybe he is charging extra for that.

The 2018 Juniors are available for not that much more $.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,108 Posts
Dude... not to be a dick. But you really need to make up your mind. Last week it's was you preaching how we should sell everything. Well before was bragging about a new ric. Well before that was praising cheap great.... you're starting to remind me of steadfastly.

·
Premium Member
16,816 Posts
Was it you selling a vintage guitar to fund a new car?

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,108 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know...I will pass. Got to keep focused. But, I do admit, I am very wishy washy when it comes to these things.

·
Registered
24,367 Posts
A college buddy of mine, who teaches at Vanderbilt in Nashville, is an acknowledged leading researcher in the field of attention and skill acquisition. He's also a pretty decent player and avid guitar-o-phile. After years of studying people pressing buttons in the lab, he thought he'd turn his attention to a context he had some personal familiarity with: how people learn to play guitar. Gibson was nice enough to provide him with 6 black LP Jrs, like what you show, as "lab equipment". Why learning guitar is different from learning other instruments Nice guitars. For what I gather are photographic purposes (i.e., data on where people put their hands), his have a satin finish, rather than glossy.

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
863 Posts
FWIW: he's going to be lucky to get 7-800 bucks for that thing in the condition it's in. That's Kijiji for ya.

W.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Capnjim. I know it is hard to stay the course. Perhaps you need someone with a stronger will to help you stay the course. Someone you fully trust to hold onto your money, for your goal. If not change your goal, to nothing matters but the new gear.

If you need a new vehicle, go out and buy one in a payment plan that you can afford, for as many years as it requires to pay it off. That will leave you short on cash for gear. You are likely piddling away a car payment every month anyway on gear, that you tend to flip a few days, weeks, or months later.

You can do what you need to do to have things right in your life, or chase your demons. Perhaps the high of buying new gear is too difficult to overcome. Only you can decide, you can do this! Staying the course every day is tough, but can also be rewarding.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Stop shopping and the temptation to buy will pass.... at least this is what works for me....sometimes.
I say sometimes because I spent most of last night scrolling through Kijiji and the L&M deals pages looking for bargains. Found at least 10 guitars I had to have right now that were priced low enough to tempt me....that was at least 2 hours gone that I didn’t play the guitars that I do have!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts