The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,914 Posts
Talk about one in a million (or more...)

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
I'm thinking you changed lanes without shoulder checking and hit a witch. I believe that may be a criminal offence ----- hexacide or something like that.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I'd like to have the same make & model for both sides, but I don't think the tread depth needs to be 'matched'. That one doesn't look terribly worn to me, is it?
I guess the spare is just a 'donut' temporary type?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to the tire place, used one installed, $60.

Now the back wheel bearings cost me $586 for the pair, installation tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I had that happen. Spun out an uphill corner after getting air. When the car landed we rotated at least once while still going in a straight line but partially in the ditch. A stick embedded itself in the tire side wall similar to what yours did.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Speaking of weird tire issues...noticed a "thunk" sound coming from my driver's side front tire as I was driving home tonight. Got home and found one of these lodged into the tread of the tire:

My brother-in-law was coming over for supper and I know one of his buddies has a patch kit and lots of cold beer in his garage so figure we would head over there after eating.

Well, instead of removing the tire (it wasn't losing air) we decided to drive it over to his buddy's place that is only ten minutes away. Murphy's law...about halfway there we hear a rattling down by the affected tire and then suddenly the "thunk" sound was gone. And so was the thumb screw. Shit.

It took a few seconds before the tire pressure sensor tripped and not long after that I could feel that the tire was flat. Damn.

Changed the tire on the side of the road... thankfully the spare had a little air in it, not much though...and continued on the last few clicks to get the tire patched up along with a few cold beer.

Yes, when I got home, I checked the pressure on the spare of our other car and topped it up.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
If you didn't have the pictures I wouldn't have believed you. It just sounds so ridiculously impossible. What's the sticks diameter? 1"? Could never happen.

Yet o_O

·
Premium Member
11,077 Posts
Never had a tire punctured in that manner, but walls and other things by tornado propelled branches have been punctured. Same storm lifted an I-beam off a nearby roof and hurled it into the ground in my back yard. Maybe if the physics is right almost anything imaginable can happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts