The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
13,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love Mike Judge, oh how I miss King of the Hill, and this seems to mix his cartoon style with some country music mayhem.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Looks like fun. I'm also a big Mike Judge fan, Silicon Valley is one of my favourite shows.
I'll probably check it out even though I was boycotting Cinemax for cancelling Quarry. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I've been watching it, there's some crazy stories!

I'm familiar with Waylon, Willie and Johny Cash but not a whole lot else.

Nathan

·
Premium Member
26,641 Posts
Looks like a terrific show.

Touring tales are often wonderful. I have two books of such tales. One is Dave Bidini's book "On a Cold Road" On a Cold Road: Tales of Adventure in Canadian Rock by Dave Bidini , which is the Canadian side of such matters. The other is Don Nix's book "Road Stories and Recipes" Road Stories and Recipes by Don Nix which has a decidedly Memphis/Southern rock slant and is funny as heck.

Don't get Cinemax, but I look forward to snippets appearing on Youtube.

BTW, when the Comedy Network began, one of the shows they had on was the wrestling version of touring stories. It was a regular half-hour of many of our collective favorites from the 70's and 80's talking about life on the road, going from arena to arena in the Canadian circuit. Guys who would beat the crap out of each other in the evening, would hop in a beat up El Dorado together, and split a motel room in the next town on the circuit. Also funny tales.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Caught the last couple. Thanks for the heads up. Those guys were badasses. Made the rockers of the era look like school boys. Blaze Foley and Waylon were crazy MoFo's.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It's on TMN Go and Shaw FreeRange TV.

It's pretty great for a guy like me who knows very little about Country music.

I'm sure if you're into the music you have heard these stories, but it's something else to hear people who were there tell them.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
BTW, when the Comedy Network began, one of the shows they had on was the wrestling version of touring stories. It was a regular half-hour of many of our collective favorites from the 70's and 80's talking about life on the road, going from arena to arena in the Canadian circuit. Guys who would beat the crap out of each other in the evening, would hop in a beat up El Dorado together, and split a motel room in the next town on the circuit. Also funny tales.
Wrestling With The Past. They had Maurice Mad Dog Vachon and his brother Paul The Butcher Vachon on there.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
the last line is so awesome it deserves to be someone's sig
Maybe I should claim that. I walked out of a Rick Derringer concert after he changed "Rock 'n' Roll Hoochie Koo" to "Jesus Christ Still Loves You" AND failed to mention Johnny Winter - - the concert was within a week of Johnny's death.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
i saw him about a yr before that, and he didn't do anything like that. i thought he put on a great show. i suppose timing is everything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts