The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been thinking about getting a tele for awhile now and good old Rondo, sent me some black Friday deals in my inbox today, so I ordered this one. They have it on sale for $99.95 + $19.00 shipping.

It even has the forearm and belly cut. I will replace the neck with a wide one and maybe a few other things. We'll see how it is when it gets here next week.

SX Furrian MN Ash HSB - RondoMusic.com

I'll be changing out the neck with this one.

Big Lou wide guitar neck

Reactions: Mooh and jdto

·
Premium Member
17,604 Posts
Congrats!

Looking forward to hearing more about the actual guitar (and some pics...hint,hint) once you receive it.

Please keep us updated with the process of making the changes/mods.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats!

Looking forward to hearing more about the actual guitar (and some pics...hint,hint) once you receive it.

Please keep us updated with the process of making the changes/mods.

Cheers

Dave
Yep, I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Interesting 'intonated' rear ferrule spacing -- I wonder how those holes line up on the bridge plate. Give us an update when you get it!

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting 'intonated' rear ferrule spacing -- I wonder how those holes line up on the bridge plate. Give us an update when you get it!
David, I never really thought about this before and just took it for granted. Now that you mention it, if you look at the front and back pics, you can see how they match one another.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really like how Rondo Music has boat and trailer storage available.
Huh? You must be seeing something I don't. Do you have a link?

·
Premium Member
17,604 Posts
Good catch! You impressed me for sure.
I can't remember ever seeing 'intonated' ferrules through an 'intonated' base plate

·
Registered
482 Posts
David, I never really thought about this before and just took it for granted. Now that you mention it, if you look at the front and back pics, you can see how they match one another.
Yeah, the saddles are of course set up for intonation to whatever gauge string -- I'm wondering about the actual bridge plate holes where the string enters on top, in case one either: a) wants to go to a wound G string or b) replace the bridge plate with something else.
Looking forward to your first restringing to get a better view of what's going on there...

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I picked this up today and am quite impressed so far. Seems well balanced, the fit and finish is flawless, nut is well cut and the guitar is set up very well. For me, I don't think I will change a thing regarding the setup. Action is low and right where I like it.

DavidP asked about how the holes line up on the bridge plate. They line up exactly with the ferrules in the body. In the first picture in the first post, you can see the holes in the plate and how they are staggered to line up with the holes/ferrules in the body. The holes show up as black round dots in the picture.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
DavidP asked about how the holes line up on the bridge plate. They line up exactly with the ferrules in the body. In the first picture in the first post, you can see the holes in the plate and how they are staggered to line up with the holes/ferrules in the body. The holes show up as black round dots in the picture.
So basically impossible to switch/upgrade it with anything currently on the market.

Thanks for the info -- given that the SX bridge is proprietary, hows the quality??
Given SX reputation, the price paid and Steadly's vast experience with these things, my guess is the quality is better than perfect.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the info -- given that the SX bridge is proprietary, hows the quality??
Well, so far I have not found a problem with it. I don't know how they do it for that price.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.