The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My new bass just walked in the door. This is replacement for the first one that was deilvered and sent back. This one is perfect right down to the white pick guard. Rondo is quite amazing to deal with.

Lawrie

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BHarris said:
you do realize that the guitar doesn't actually exist without pics??
LOL....I realize that, work's getting in the way today. I also need to adjust the action for tonight's jam session and have to find the time. Not enough hours in the day.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just took a bit of time to adjust the truss rod and action. Didn't require much and I'm going to let it settle in and play it for a while. For the price.....this bass is a thing of beauty.

Shots coming.

Lawrie

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gave the bass a workout last night. 4 hour jam session and it was an absolutely pleasure to play. I'm not crazy about the stock strings though, so recommendations would be appreciated. I'm playing mostly blues and jazz these days.

I would also like to thank all those who helped me make the decision to get the SX bass.

Lawrie

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
james on bass said:
Are you planning any mods to it? Pots, bridge etc...
Not at the moment. Tone is good so far, pots are tight and clean......no static. The initial setup I did yesterday afternoon held up well. I'll see how it settles in. I usually like to put some hours on an instrument before I make any mods. Last night's jam was mostly jazz (where I usually play the guitar, but I couldn't put the bass down) Next Monday is blues/rock. I'm also jamming with a different group of guys this Thursday night which is mostly classic rock, so over the next couple of weeks, I'll see how it goes.

My buddies could not believe the fit, finish, and tone of the bass for what it costs. The only thing is the strings. Need to change those.

Any recommendations?

Lawrie

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Fajah said:
Not at the moment. Tone is good so far, pots are tight and clean......no static. The initial setup I did yesterday afternoon held up well. I'll see how it settles in. I usually like to put some hours on an instrument before I make any mods. Last night's jam was mostly jazz (where I usually play the guitar, but I couldn't put the bass down) Next Monday is blues/rock. I'm also jamming with a different group of guys this Thursday night which is mostly classic rock, so over the next couple of weeks, I'll see how it goes.

My buddies could not believe the fit, finish, and tone of the bass for what it costs. The only thing is the strings. Need to change those.

Any recommendations?

Lawrie
I believe SX come with D'Addarios which is the brand I always used to use. I now use http://www.webstrings.com/ or http://www.guitarpartscanada.com/product_info.php?cPath=82&products_id=214

1 - 11 of 11 Posts