The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

I just picked one of these Supro "super" model amps up in a pawn shop for quite cheap; and I was wondering if anyone has any info on them? All I was able to fish off the net was tube types and that the're supposdley "class A" whether thats true or not I dont know. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Alot of the Supro/National/Valco/Airline/Gretsch amps were made by the same company.

I have an old Gretsch 6150 with a 6V6, one 12AX7 and a tube rectifier, and it's a great little amp. Just an 8" AlNico Jensen spkr.

What size speaker is in this amp?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An 8" Jensen as well, sounds great. But I think I may have to bring it into a shop and have it looked at; the input is a bit wonky and it cuts in and out.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...someone threw one of these out with their garbage on the street where i lived some fifteen years ago. once i realized it wasn't one of those two-tone sears portable record players, i adopted it and gave it a good home.

a friend in montreal restored it, and i recently popped a celestion vintage ten in it.

i use it a lot for recording.

-dh

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I forsee this one being one of my main recording amps once I get the input issue sorted out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts