The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't think of anything else that fit the thread title. Take a listen and I think you'll agree. Right from the first strum, this guitar is something special.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Wow! Even on a youtube video it sounds fantastic. I bet you can feel that in your gut if you're in the room!

Reactions: Steadfastly

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Very nice guitar, but don't be distracted by the open tuning.

You can make a guitar really project with open tunings.
Good point, although the old AJs are very highly regarded for being monsters and that one sounds like no exception.

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
Good point, although the old AJs are very highly regarded for being monsters and that one sounds like no exception.
No doubt, but if I was trying to make a real dog sound better for just a few minutes, one thing I might try is an open G tuning. An open string chord really rings nicely and has rich overtones.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
No doubt, but if I was trying to make a real dog sound better for just a few minutes, one thing I might try is an open G tuning. An open string chord really rings nicely and has rich overtones.
Also true. I've seen Mark Agnesi play that particular tune on a few guitars he demos and then sometimes retunes to standard or vice versa. Maybe he's doing it on purpose, or maybe he just likes that song.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts