The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Fender Mustang, Ampegs, anything to test an amp.
2,084 Posts
Ha, reminds me of when my wife and I used to go to a restaurant, when we sat down the first thing that I would do is bend the shafts of the low quality flatware to have a comfortable feel in my hand. It would upset her somewhat or maybe embarrassment, if somebody watched me do it.

·
Premium Member
11,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sometimes a cheesy tone is cool, and often hard to get from a good guitar. This might fit the bill. Probably won't do Hound Dog Taylor, but maybe its own vibe works.
I can’t even imagine what this thing sounds like. Never seen one before, tbh.

·
Premium Member
11,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ahh...ok, so more about the convenience than any unique sound. Basically a guitar with a $30 amp built in. For some reason I thought it might have some sort of ethereal, Leslie -ish sound as the speaker gets intermingled with vibrations from the guitar.
Thanks!

Reactions: Acoustic Tom

·
Registered
137 Posts
ahh...ok, so more about the convenience than any unique sound. Basically a guitar with a $30 amp built in. For some reason I thought it might have some sort of ethereal, Leslie -ish sound as the speaker gets intermingled with vibrations from the guitar.
Thanks!
Yes it is about convenience. This guitar has a strat-ish ( and I use that term loosely) type sound to it. The speaker is low quality but surprisingly clear. Let's not kid ourselves thinking this is a diamond in the rough. It is what it is, a novelty instrument that was sold at a consumers distributing type store. The fact that I have one that is in amazing condition for its age, is a wonder within itself. It is however a neat guitar to fiddle with while sitting in the couch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts