The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is an idea I had put forth a little while ago...I re recorded it and added some electric guitar.I didn't add any bass guitar as it is at work.

I used my Taylor GSRS recordered with a AT 3035
65 Relic Strat Straight into 69 Deluxe Reverb recordered with AT 3035.

I used Nuendo and recorded at a rate of 96000 24 bit..Then Mixed down.

Thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated! Enjoy!

http://members.shaw.ca/davidanddebbie/guitars%20canada/ballader.wma
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Sounds really nice! I really like the tone on the electric. Acoustic sounds great as well. What kind of preamp are you using?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!

I'm using a EuroTrack 6242A Mixing Console. I don't think the pre's are anything special but they get the job done. I placed my Audio Technica 3035 about 1 1/2 feet and about 6 inches away my deluxe. I really like the live open sound it generates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
So, you did record the acoustic using only 1 mic? Pretty decent job!! Really it sounds very nice. I should post some of my recordings using my Apex 460 and my Takamine, it's not bad at all. I stopped recording my stuff for a while but you are giving me a boost to start again! Did you put any effects or eq on this?

Sounds really great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
That's great stuff.
Your acoustic work really reflects your avatar (as well as the whole tune), I can hear Mr. Di Miola coming forth in some parts.
And the sound is as great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dufe32 said:
So, you did record the acoustic using only 1 mic? Pretty decent job!! Really it sounds very nice. I should post some of my recordings using my Apex 460 and my Takamine, it's not bad at all. I stopped recording my stuff for a while but you are giving me a boost to start again! Did you put any effects or eq on this?

Sounds really great!
Yup. My Audio Technica has pretty good response for acoustic instruments so I am pretty happy with it. As for effects, there isn't a whole lot. I compressed the acoustic a bit and added reverb. I also rolled of the bottom on all the guitars around 50hz. I did some high selving eq aswell to give the mix more space.

Cheers,

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TheTallCoolOne said:
That's great stuff.
Your acoustic work really reflects your avatar (as well as the whole tune), I can hear Mr. Di Miola coming forth in some parts.
And the sound is as great.
If you ever get the chance or maybe you have already check out Elegant Gypsy. Mr. Dimeola rips it up pretty good:rockon2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stereoface said:
Sweet tune, musicallity wise. Great Cadences + harmonies in there
Thanks!

I have updated the tune and added bass....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Mr. David Severson said:
If you ever get the chance or maybe you have already check out Elegant Gypsy. Mr. Dimeola rips it up pretty good:rockon2:
Oh yeah! I got introduced to this album a very long time ago and it is one of my all time favorite.
Running With The Devil is a Master piece.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
wow , you are a very talented fellow for sure . Really nice vibe on the acoustic (as every one has mentioned )Question for ya, what are you using for drums ? They sound awesome.
john
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! The drums were created with Acid Pro. I have a pretty extensive loops library and this one was from my latin percussion folder.

cheers,

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Lester B. Flat said:
I think you mean "Race with Devil on Spanish Highway"? :wink:
I stand corrected. :wave:
I haven't looked at the record pocket in a long time but it is on regular turn around in my playlist. :food-smiley-004:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top