The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...i recently ordered a set of suhr single coils to replace the three gold lace sensors in a 96 tele deluxe plus. hoping to have them installed in time for saturday's gig, in which case, i'll report back on monday.

:rockon2:

-dh

·
Registered
644 Posts
david henman said:
...i recently ordered a set of suhr single coils to replace the three gold lace sensors in a 96 tele deluxe plus. hoping to have them installed in time for saturday's gig, in which case, i'll report back on monday.

:rockon2:

-dh
Cool. i look forward to your review.

I have a set of three balanced P90s being wound by Wolfe Macleod
(Wolfetone Pickups) He has only made one other set like these at the time I ordered and they are being used by Rick Derringer. I hear that there is a possibility that they may be used in his signiture guitar. I plan to pop them in one of my guitars and then try to determine what kind of wood to use to build a guitar around them.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lowtones said:
Cool. i look forward to your review.
I have a set of three balanced P90s being wound by Wolfe Macleod
(Wolfetone Pickups) He has only made one other set like these at the time I ordered and they are being used by Rick Derringer. I hear that there is a possibility that they may be used in his signiture guitar. I plan to pop them in one of my guitars and then try to determine what kind of wood to use to build a guitar around them.
...like many of us, i am becoming very intrigued by p90s. be sure and let us know how they sound.

-dh

·
Registered
644 Posts
david henman said:
...like many of us, i am becoming very intrigued by p90s. be sure and let us know how they sound.

-dh
I'll do better than that. I'll wire up a strat pickguard and let you try them out for a bit.

·
Registered
644 Posts
david henman said:
...hey, you're on, whoever and wherever you are!

:food-smiley-004:

-dh
My name is Mark Newsom (Lowtones because I am primarily a bassist) and I live halfway between London & Sarnia. Should only take a day or two in the mail to get the pickguard to you once I get the pickups and play with them a bit first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts