The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody play one of these yet? People are going ape S$%#t for them on the gear page. I have seen some videos and reviews and they sound fantastic.

Any hands on experience?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
There's some great clips floating around of this thing. It sounds awesome. Steve Stevens has done some, but he could make a gorrilla amp sound like a million bucks.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah I have heard the Steve Stevens clip (awesome) and seem the Pete Thorn video and heard some other clips, but wanted to get some thoughs from people who may have played one.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Dave said:
We just got one in at the store today. I got to spend some time with it and I am totally blown away. This amp is impressive on so many levels.
That's a pretty skimpy review...spill the goods.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ok, fair enough :)

I spent quite a bit of time putting it through the paces last night. This amp really should be a joy for a really wide range of players. I was running it through a Carr open back 2x12 with Emminence Patriot speakers. I'm looking forward to trying it with some Alnico speakers and the Dr.Z G12H V30 combo.

The most stand out thing about this amp is the harmonics. There is so much going on. every chord is ringing with harmonic overtones. The mid breakup tones are perfect. Volume wise for a comparison, its probably a bit louder than a Dr.Z Maz 18.

I tried the effects loop using a Fulltone TTE and it sat great in the mix.

I find it tough to talk about tone. It needs to be heard.

The guitar I was using was a Suhr Classic. I'll try it with a Gibson today.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Hey Dave, what are these going for in $CAD ? The Suhr site gives a suggested $US price but I'm wonder what the cost is north of the 49th?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts