The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, as some of you guys already know i had started playing guitar in the summer, at school this past semester i have had guitar lessons from my music teacher, just the basics though... do u guys know of some songs thats are good for starter guitarists??

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I'd suggest you go buy a song book that shows the open chords and play along. Start with the songs that have chords you can play, work up to the harder chords as you go.
Get a book with songs you LIKE.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
smashing_pumpkins_06 said:
do u guys know of some songs thats are good for starter guitarists??
Copy and paste from an old thread here:

With GCD you can play a lot of songs. Off the top of my head just GCD will give you Every Rose Has Its Thorns, Boy Named Sue (capo 3rd fret to match the recording), Ring of Fire, Brown Eyed Girl, The Gambler, Sweet Home Alabama, and I think Wheat Kings. Add an Am7 and you can do Knockin on Heaven's Door, add Bb, F, E and A just briefly for Crazy Little Thing Called Love, add an Em7 for Good Riddance, add Em and Am for Take it Easy. Just G and C are enough for Unknown Legend (Neil Young).

If you want rock/metal stuff then focus more on power chords instead of the open chords to start. Green Day, Sum 41, Simple Plan stuff is mostly just power chords.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts