The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really liking the new look and feel. Thanks for all the hard work to make this happen.

I'm wondering, given the willingness to entertain suggestions, would it be possible to have a sub-forum where we can share songsheets? The stuff on the internet is mostly crap (even UG). I spend a lot of time creating annotated songsheets using software to slow down the original song to make sure it's accurate. They're done in Word compatible format and then saved as PDFs.

I'm sure a lot of members do the same. Would be cool if there was an easy way to use this forum to share our songs, covers or originals. Google Docs is OK but everyone needs to share emails and it's a pain to manage. What do you folks think? Possible to do? Maybe make it a Premium-Only service to help defer the costs of making this work. I've about 40 songsheets I'd be happy to share.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
I am trying to find a solution for this because right now PDF files can't be uploaded.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
225 Posts
CORRECTION: Overly large PDF files cannot be uploaded. I have a feeling songsheets would work as PDF files.

Can you attach (using the paperclip) a songsheet to a post here so we can see how it does?

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
It looks like it worked on my end. Now someone will have to try viewing it and/or downloading it. (now I'm going to grab my guitar and play it)

·
Administrator
225 Posts
It looks like it worked on my end. Now someone will have to try viewing it and/or downloading it. (now I'm going to grab my guitar and play it)
It works perfectly here. It downloads it.

Now we need to know if multiple members want me to create a section in the community For Music Soundsheets.

If so, I will get it done. :)

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is awesome. I've loaded up one songsheet and will add more in the coming days. Make sense to have one post for each song to make it easily searchable?

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can we have a sticky that says something like:

Post your tried and true songsheets here. One songsheet per post. For ease of searching, include the name of the song and the artist in the thread title.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts