The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i just moved in here in vancouver and been looking for a nice 2nd hand acoustic. my budget is around 500. do you know someone in the area who could sell his axe for a very limited budget? i had been hunting for a larrivee or a takamine. any help would be really appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
For that price you should buy a new guitar you can get alot of good solid to guitars in that range give or take .....

·
Registered
43 Posts
http://www.bayouguitars.com/

Westcoast Music in Kits have some great guitars with good tonewoods at very reasonable prices. "Bayou" is their house brand. I bought a sprucetop acoustic there for $250 in February and feel that it compares well to guitars in the $500 - $750 range.

good luck in your search!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Larrivee won't get that low but I would definitely recommend a Seagull S6 at that price. They are great guitars, Canadian made and a great value.

For the price, a well taken care of Seagull S6 won't let you down.

·
Registered
300 Posts
check out the Neil Douglas guitar shop in New West. I bought my classical guitar there for about 120 dollars and I still couldn't be happier with it. (even after I've gone through quite a few different electrics)

I can't recommend a specific model though since I'm not really familiar with acoustic guitars in general and especially not in that price range.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Larrivee won't get that low but I would definitely recommend a Seagull S6 at that price. They are great guitars, Canadian made and a great value.

For the price, a well taken care of Seagull S6 won't let you down.
Great sugestion...for that matter you can't go wrong for any instrument in the Godin family.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts