The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got started on tidying up the "hobby room" this aft and, as part of the reorganization, I placed the remaining amps (and guitars) along the same wall. I was struck by the fact that, as a very modest collection, it wasn't half bad (could be worse I suppose)...so took a shitty cell pic for posterity.

Hmmm, maybe it doesn't suck to be me after all ;^ )

20180603_172020.jpg

·
Administrator
16,706 Posts
You'll live!

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
get a marshall for christ sake.

Thanks for the advice @adcandour but....

Seriously though, you raise a good point which is that the display made me realize just how limited my taste in tone runs. Maybe stretching myself, sonically speaking, wouldn't be a bad idea....

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
Tell us about the unmarked mystery head and cab done in wood ????

You certainly like your brownies don't you.

Reactions: Ti-Ron

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Tell us about the unmarked mystery head and cab done in wood ????

You certainly like your brownies don't you.

Yes, the other realization being that fully HALF my amps are brownies. Why mess with perfection though?

The middle amp is a "secret weapon" built by Steve Gupta (SDG Vintage), which is basically a Champ on steroids...

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Don't get a Marshall, fer christ sake.

If you've been there, done that (and it looks like you have), you know what you like and you've apparently pursued that quite effectively. I'm the same way. There's enough guys out there playing M-style amps that I like going another way. Kinda like Strats, enough guys already playing them, I'll play something different, thank you very much. Vive le difference ..............

Reactions: Rabbit

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Don't get a Marshall, fer christ sake.

If you've been there, done that (and it looks like you have), you know what you like and you've apparently pursued that quite effectively. I'm the same way. There's enough guys out there playing M-style amps that I like going another way. Kinda like Strats, enough guys already playing them, I'll play something different, thank you very much. Vive le difference ..............
Agree. It's like what one of friends is always saying "It wasn't broken before I fixed it!"

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will say that what remains is not mere happenstance, even if it does appear to be overkill. I've never been a "pedal guy" so every one of these amps had to sound great with nothing but the guitar plugged straight in. In the case of the brownies & tweed, they had to serve double duty as excellent harp amps as well. That said, everything deemed "non-essential" has been put up for grabs and I hope to be left with nothing but the Super and tweed Gibson (and both guitars of course).

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Where's the rack?

I bet you get some great Skynyrd and Ted Nugent tones .......... and that's it! Get yourself a Marshall!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts