The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe not stupid, but elementary. What do you guys use to fasten your stompboxes onto your pedal boards? I have used industrial type velcro, but only with limited success. I find that if I decide to move my pedals around, the velcro starts getting funky. Sometimes the two velcro pieces stay together, removing one piece of velcro from the bottom of the stomp box, or in the instance of my Marshall chorus, the velcro stayed attached to the rubber backing on the bottom of the box and peeled it right off. I have used cable ties also, but they tend to be a little too permanent (at least in the sense that moving things around gets to be a bigger project than I want). And suggestions? I should mention that my pedal boards are homemade, if that makes any diff.
-Mikey

·
Registered
874 Posts
I also use the Velcro but I have not moved my pedals in years...so it works fine for me. I have seen some folks use the ties you mentioned or even brackets with screws.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I've been using velcro which I find kinda flimsy. My buddy uses links from metal strapping. He just cuts the links out and put one on 2 or 4 of the screws at the base of the pedal then screws the pedal to his homemade board. Incredibly solid and relatively easy to move around provided you at least have a screw driver handy. I think someone on Ebay sells a kit for ?$$? but you can do the same thing with duct strapping. I'm gonna make the switch once I decide what pedals will be in my chain.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The add a link parts for bicycle chains works well for that too. I've seen afew guys use those for screwing down pedals. I use industrial velcro and move my pedals around alot and I've never had a problem with it coming loose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts