The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Do you like phones to conttrol your other devices?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get it, but not sure I am a big fan. For instance the new Tronical robot tuners have shifted to the phone. Some pedals need a phone. Some dash cams need a phone. I am not a big app user. One of the big reasons is all the tracking and personal info harvesting that Facebook, Microsoft, Google etc. extract and extort. I also see the advantages. It is going to be more and more prevalent but I may avoid it when I can. What I would hate is to have to change settings on a phone dependent device and not have my phone with me. Or lose my phone. Or the battery goes dead etc.

Have you got any phone dependent devices?

Do you embrace this new symbiotic relationship between devices?

Do you even like cell phone apps?

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
i'll let you know...i was gifted with a few toys that my trusted Blackberry Z-30 could not run apps for. i upgraded to an S7 and have been working through learning it and the amazon echo.....heading out in a bit to try and fly a mavic pro hope we both make it back in one piece. I try and stay a bit behind the tech curve but if you want to stay fairly current you do have to follow along ;-)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Do I need this because my phone cord is not long enough to reach other devices?

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
I use my phone for turning on lights around the house, my fire alarm notifies me if my house is on fire while I am at work (cool feature) and in a few weeks I'll be able to start my car with it as well. Other than that, I'm not sure what else is out there that I would want on my phone except for all the apps i use

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I need a phone or computer to use my wireless Sonos speakers. I love them and I'm fine with it as my phone is almost always on me lol.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I really dislike all the app updates required seemingly constantly with descriptions like "bug fixes" & "performance improvements".

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really dislike all the app updates required seemingly constantly with descriptions like "bug fixes" & "performance improvements".
I think all these updates really allow them to harvest info back to the mothership.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts