The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this today and thought some people might be interested. Starts at $549 US + $100 shipping, but looks to be a nice alternative to using an Ikea desk.

PLATFORM - A Desk For Musicians

Includes some neat features like room for rack gear, eurorack gear, easy cable routing & management, and an optional 88-key keyboard shelf with cutout so you don't bang your knees. I wish this had been around a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For $299 CDN Yorkville offer a pretty nice option with some cool add-ons available
I think the width of this disk is a big improvement over some of the other options. Not only do you have more desktop space for you computer keyboard & mouse, controller surfaces, headphones, coffee mug, etc., but the keyboard tray fits a full keyboard, which is pretty rare. It looks to be pretty beefy and made out of plywood instead of MDF. The Yorkville desk is more affordable, but it doesn't seem as sturdy and reminds me of the Ikea Jerker desk I used to have.

you could probably stain it to make it look better
They have a pre-stained version too! :)

Anyway, I just saw this today and thought it was a cool option, in case anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Came across this today and thought some people might be interested. Starts at $549 US + $100 shipping, but looks to be a nice alternative to using an Ikea desk.

PLATFORM - A Desk For Musicians

Includes some neat features like room for rack gear, eurorack gear, easy cable routing & management, and an optional 88-key keyboard shelf with cutout so you don't bang your knees. I wish this had been around a few years ago.

US$ 650 and it doesn't include the rack rails? I mean it looks cool, but a) lots of large surfaces are bad for monitorring acoustics and b) completely unajustable (I like the desk low; real low - a mixer needs to go on top of there).

Ikea Jerker fo eva!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
If you can't build a mix desk how are you ever going to build a mix? :)

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I think the width of this disk is a big improvement over some of the other options. Not only do you have more desktop space for you computer keyboard & mouse, controller surfaces, headphones, coffee mug, etc., but the keyboard tray fits a full keyboard, which is pretty rare. It looks to be pretty beefy and made out of plywood instead of MDF. The Yorkville desk is more affordable, but it doesn't seem as sturdy and reminds me of the Ikea Jerker desk I used to have.

They have a pre-stained version too! :)

Anyway, I just saw this today and thought it was a cool option, in case anyone is interested.
It looks like the speakers need a lift on this one. The drivers should be at the same level of your ears.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts