The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Selling my Flint. The 4th one I have owned. Dawned on me last night at a gig that as much as I love the Tremolo side I rarely use it live. The Reverb side I use occasionally but I’m more of a delay guy. Comes with box, PS and papers.

TRADED

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
As someone who also owned this pedal 4 times, I sure hope Strymon is working on a successor in the form of dedicated tremolo pedal, which is why we all keep coming back to the Flint. The reverb on it is awful!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s an opinion I have not heard before
Don‘t necessarily agree that the Reverb side was ’awful’, as Benny put it, but I’m no reverb aficionado and to my ears the Reverb was serviceable. But the Trem side….oh that Tremolo side is worth the price alone. Agree with Benny that Strymon should come out with a stand alone Trem (y):cool:

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
The reverb on it is awful!
Strongly disagree. I’ve owned the pedal twice. I only sold it because I thought the Mobius & BigSky could replace it. Turns out the reverb on the Flint is uniquely awesome, so had to buy one again. I’m not a big fan of Spring reverb, so maybe that isn’t the best, but the Plate and Hall sounds are great for anything subtle to totally drenched & ambient.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
….yeah, I traded my special edition black-knob Flint for the original white-knob version. To my ears, the white knobs sound better lol
I laughed so hard at that special edition. "We ran out of white knobs, so for a couple weeks they'll be black." They didn't even pretend it was special, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts