The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've heard that putting your strings in backwards (eyelets facing the pickups), and then flipping your strings over the stopbar has advantages over stringing your guitar properly? Like better sustain and stuff. Is this true? I'd try it out, but I don't have a set of strings to put on it, which reminds me, I need to get some strings.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Hey everyone, I've heard that putting your strings in backwards (eyelets facing the pickups), and then flipping your strings over the stopbar has advantages over stringing your guitar properly? Like better sustain and stuff. Is this true? I'd try it out, but I don't have a set of strings to put on it, which reminds me, I need to get some strings.
Ongoing debate. I have tried both ways and didn't really find a ton of difference.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Do it all the time on my LP... never noticed a difference besides the fact I don't break as many strings. It takes the angle out where the string goes over the bridge. That's where most of my string breaks happened.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've been doing it since I first tried it thats the way. I like the feel it gives, a little slinky-er. And yeah, I haven't broken a string since on that guitar.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Why not replace your saddles with graph tech saddles? I've done that to my LP and have yet to break a string. Mind you I am playing an 11-70 set at half step down, thicker strings might be helping me out.

·
Premium Member
16,838 Posts
havent tried it, and i dont really plan to. i have a wraparound bridge on my tokai though, and i just broke the high E tuning it after an adjustment in action today :(. good thing i have a fresh set (these were kinda old)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts