The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired Fender Jaguar Blacktop HH. G string pops out of the the nut slot rather easily. I was thinking the addition of a string tree for G and D strings would help. I've noticed that Stewmac sells them by the set with short and taller spacers. I've seen a number of Fender type guitars with two string trees. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked out Stewmac. They had want I wanted. But it would have cost $14.20 just to ship a pair of string trees. Not yet.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Super nice of Mooh to hook you up but just FYI, I've had good luck with L&M selling parts right off the bench in the back. I asked for some string trees and the style I was interested in wasn't on the shelf so they checked the back and it turned out well for me, paid 99 cents per piece.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Super nice of Mooh to hook you up but just FYI, I've had good luck with L&M selling parts right off the bench in the back. I asked for some string trees and the style I was interested in wasn't on the shelf so they checked the back and it turned out well for me, paid 99 cents per piece.
I checked with my local L&M on Whyte Ave. Calvin checked their parts box but didn't have a string tree with a tall spacer. But they did have the right Allan wrench for the truss road which they gave me for free.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Mooh. Looking forward to them.

Reactions: Mooh

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Yup, I have the tall spacer. It'll be in the mail this week.

Enjoy!
Where do you get the 'tall' spacers? I end up either using 2 spacers, or I cut a short length of plastic tubing and stick that under a soacer, to increase the tree height. I'm not fond of either option, but I haven't been able to find another suitable soacer......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts