The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for advice for new strings for the Larrivee 12 string I picked up the other day. It has light strings on it now and they need replacing. It’s a 35+ year old guitar. The action is great. I don’t want to damage the guitar with too heavy a gauge of strings. I think the strings on it now are 10’s. I’m mostly a strummer with a pick. I play about 50/50 plugged in/acoustic. I’d like a little more volume acoustically and just a touch more bottom end. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
11,106 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought some strings at the local shop. It's a small town. They only had one set of strings for a 12 string, D'Addario EZ940 85/15 Bronze, .010-.050. They made a huge difference. The guitar is much louder and bass response is a little better. I'm a very happy camper.

·
Registered
14,948 Posts
I've used those--my favorite though are Adamas Phosphor Bronze strings--but I can't even seem to find them online anymore...
I have a set of Martin strings for my next string change...

·
Registered
208 Posts
My Martin has Elixirs on it and they feel and sound great and they last forever. They are a light gauge too (10-47) and are quite agreeable to alt tunings. Worth a try imo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts