The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Blu Ray Players that having streaming capabilities like Roku or Chromecast?? I like the one device idea.

·
Premium Member
17,347 Posts
Playstation 4 etc. And you can blow stuff up in video games when you arent watching tv.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Most of the samrt Blu rays have that feature. But be warned that you have to shop very carefully unless you've heard of or seen one that works well. I'm particulariuly unimpressed with certain Samsung devices because of the way they update many of their units. But the newer ones may be better. Like Budda mentions, Playstation and Xbox will offer you that and then some. I use the Xbox One for Netflix and other streaming. Is your TV an older one? Smart TV's are all typically capable of streaming....but sometimes the GUI isn't exactly to some peoples liking. I can't stand Smart TV user interfaces myself, but that's just a personal opinion due to past experience with Tech.

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The TV I have is high end 50" Panasonic Plasma about 10+ years old. I was "gifted" this when I moved to Edmonton 3.5 years ago. I think it is 1080HD. It works perfectly. I am more than fine with it. 4K is one of those things in which the law of diminishing returns applies andI am not willing to pay for. I am not a gamer. Couldn't care less. The simpler the GUI, the better. I am an old school desktop computer user - I use Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop a lot.

First I am going to give Roku Express a try. Going to pick one up right now.......

Reactions: Budda

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
My father has one, but it always has problems, clunky, doesn’t play this format or anything new.

How about a linux box? No, that doesn’t work well. Maybe an old Apple? Maybe not.

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My father has one, but it always has problems, clunky, doesn’t play this format or anything new
Are you talking about a Roku Express? Apple TV? WiFi Blu Ray player?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts