The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried a bunch of strats this weekend at Diplomat music store, man what a selection. I tried the EC, EJ, JB, JM, SRV all sig series. Next up where the CS's...a JB, '62 and a '54.

and the winner is CS' jeff beck, can you say "baseball bat" it was my fav of the bunch, I love monster necks and this has the biggest neck of them all.

the only thing i did not like about all the guitars was the "new" feel to them, especially on the EJ...nice guitar but that brand new nitro is so sticky, I also hated the non floating bridge, why not just get a hartail :rolleyes:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I never played a JB one, I wonder what its like. Otherwise when shopping for a strat I pretty much went through the entire fender lineup and just couldnt find one that did it for me. Though the EJ was very close. I wound up with a CS G&L. They definitely have a strat sound and feel, but still have their own character. I guess I'm just a G&L guy but I cant help but like the classic fenders.... especialy when they are vintage white:redface:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
SCREEM said:
no It wasn't reliced, maybe the sales guy got it wrong, it was a custom shop though at $2700ish:eek:
Most likely a '60 or '65. '60 would of had a pencil neck, where the 65' would be a little bigger. '56 having the largest neck in the Time Machine Series.

$2700 sound right for NON relic. Relics are over $3000.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was probably a '65 the neck was a tad chunky'er than my deluxe...they where all nice, but then again with all the tweeks I have done to my deluxe, it's nice enough now to not leave me wanting anything but the CS JBNone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts