The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ... this is Ben's wife, Wendy. I don't really know how to use a forum so forgive my muddling. I have found various posts and comments from members on here about Ben's passing in January. I tried to respond individually but there are too many, so I hope this gets to everyone so I can say Thank You.

Ben was an amazing man. One of the best in so many ways, and I know he felt like this was his "guitar family." Thank you for supporting him with positive thoughts and comments while he was sick. Until I read a particular post of his today, I did not know that he knew he was going to die. He spoke constantly of surviving and talked about how he knew that we needed him and that he would live. I knew the prognosis - I thought I was keeping it from him to help him stay positive. Turns out that he was protecting us from that reality all along. That's the kind of guy he was. The best.

Ben and I started a blog when he got sick, and he posted on it several times with the last being Dec 5th. Many times he blogged about playing guitar. I still continue the blog because I promised Ben I would never let the world forget that he was here. If you want to see for yourself what a great guy Ben was, and learn a little more about him, you will find the blog at Mom is a widow. Last September he posted about his meeting with Doyle Bramhall II. That was an awesome night, and it was our 21st anniversary too. I will treasure that memory.

If you think anyone out there may get some inspiration from the blog, please pass it on. There is a link to follow it or share it on other social media forums.

Also, if you communicated with Ben often, please do feel free to write on his online obituary which you will find at Ben Saint-Onge Obituary - Victory Memorial Park Funeral Centre | Surrey BC. I am having a book made from all the entries to save for our kids, so they never forget what a positive impact he had on people's lives - even those he never met in person.

Anyway, thank you all. I hope Ben is jamming with Hendrix (we once had a dog named Hendrix. lol) Enjoy the music in life.

Wendy, Zak, Jaime and Raegan

·
Premium Member
17,451 Posts
Thank You for taking the time to write this wonderful thread to all of us here in the GC forum.

Best Wishes to Wendy, Zak, Jaime & Raegan

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I can't say it any better than the preceding or following posts.
I bought an effects box from Ben in early 2015. As I play it I'm constantly reminded of what a great person we're missing.

·
Premium Member
17,013 Posts
Thank you for coming here and sharing that with us.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I spent last evening reading the blog. Very intense reading at times. Some great guitar related stories as well. Much respect to Ben and his family.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
This blog defines LOVE. I've just started and will finish it through to the most recent post. So inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
12,047 Posts
I had the pleasure of meeting Ben twice. Very nice fellow.

A few years ago, I bought an amp he had built (Trinity TC-15) - he even delivered it. Last fall, I met him to buy a Wampler analog delay.

I use the amp quite often and it is currently unbadged. Based on Wendy's string title, I am going to hit some wrecking yards this summer and look for this logo to brand the amp.

I think of him when I fire it up and it will forever be the amp Ben built. And I will refer to it as The Titan, in tribute and respect for him. I do miss him around here. RIP, my friend.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for that. I am printing this off in hard copy to save for our kids to read later on. Wendy

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I just came across this now and it deeply saddens me to hear of his passing! I can't remember for sure or not if i ever had any direct dealings with Ben but i could tell in his posts what a great person he was. My condolences to you Wendy and the kids! With having a baby girl of my own now i will no doubt be holding on to her extra tight always! God Bless!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Just seeing this thread now after seeing the post from oneflatnote.

Condolences to you Wendy and your kids for the loss of the man who no doubt played the music of your heart (21 years is a great achievement and testament of love).

I hope your memories bring you solace.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts